News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i need new wiper transmissions, i cant find any

Started by miller time, October 04, 2013, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller time

are the wiper transmissions reproduced or where can i get a decent used set? mine are seized and i know they fit quite a few year, or are there any wiper transmission i can modify to make work? i found a set but i dont really want them, much rather get them new if i can, my are completely seized up if i can rebuild them please tell me how, thanks
and if this post should be elsewhere please tell me because i need to figured it out ASAP

Cooter

Sho nuff. Ii would think any B body wagon, four door, 2dr would work from 1968-1970.Charger, Coronet, roadrunner, GTX, Satellite, Belvedere...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

I've had luck unseizing them by soaking them in penetrating oil for a few days. Put the housing in a vice and tapped gently on the mount pivot area. Soak some more, etc.
Eventually they moved freely again, some did not.
Worth giving it a try.
If not, yes any '68 - '70 B-body should be interchangeable. No repros AFAIK.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Cooter

What Bill said...I have free'd with a little heat too.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

miller time

thanks, i already sheared one in half by tapping it with a hammer, it moved, just the wrong part moved lol
im going to aleast 1 junk yard tommarrow to look for them

b5blue

Did you ever find anything? I have a pair off a 70 Charger 2 speed wiper setup.