News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wouldn't you love to have this Mopar?

Started by bull, October 04, 2013, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hemi68charger

Wow, great military vehicle, but the EPA would hate it....... That thing tears up the terrain..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

petercharger

Love the way back in the day...back ground music was up beat  and. Proud..... :2thumbs:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

rt green

that is fricken cool. i'm surprised that idea isn't used today in the sand.
third string oil changer

TXcharger70

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mike DC

Yeah, screw drives look really cool.  It's one of those ideas that you wouldn't think would work if you hadn't seen it done. 

I think the main limitation of those things is that they are crap on normal harder surfaces.  Little traction, low top speed, high wear & tear on both the screws and the road, etc.   

It seems like the concept might be a lot more workable if it had both the screw drive and a conventional set of wheels.  Like one set could be retracted while the other is put into gear. 

rt green

third string oil changer

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bull

I could see something like this getting a lot of use in a place like Alaska. Actually, it would be interesting to see how it works on harder surfaced. Something tells me it wouldn't be that bad because there's another video floating around of one running on ice.

Alaskan_TA

Detroit Artic Expedtion Fordson - one of two snow motors intended to cache fuel for the aircraft -G.H. Wilkins Expedtion to the North Pole - 1926 - Their performance was disappointing.

polywideblock

surly they improved the performance between 1926 and the  1960's

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Tilar

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 08, 2013, 04:52:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjlSJf4274

I was just about to link that very video. They idea came around a long time before Ma Mopar planted a leaning tower of power in one. Either way it's a cool ass idea.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.