News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dang it I forgot what you told me! Zero or "Oh" in the VIN?

Started by rainbow4jd, October 02, 2013, 05:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

When I am talking to people I always say "RM 2 3 U Oh A" but my friend Bryan says "No, that's a ZERO for the model year, not the letter Oh!"

Now we've got an ice cream sundae from DQ riding on the outcome of our debate.

We've both agreed that this board will be the deciding 'experts'.       So which is it?

I looked at the tag - but since it doesn't have any zeros in the last six, I can't tell for sure.

I realize there's a lot of panic over the government shutdown, but if anyone has time to respond from their Survivor Shelter over the next few weeks I appreciate it.   I'll see Bryan on the 18th and he's already threatening "with nuts AND extra cherries!"

Peace out!

Ghoste

It's a zero, I'm afraid your friend is getting a free sundae.

Baldwinvette77

letter O I and Q were never used on vin numbers to my knowledge

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on October 02, 2013, 05:02:18 PM
It's a zero, I'm afraid your friend is getting a free sundae.

Yeap, it is a "zero"........... If you look at other model years, that same digit is different based on the model year of the car.....

DQ Country !!!!

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rainbow4jd

I don't know why I ever argue with Bryan.  He is an expert!  I know he is an expert!  He restores cars and I just pay him money!    When will I learn to keep my mouth shut???!!!!

rainbow4jd

Well  - he IS my best friend.   But that's beside the point!

Ghoste

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 02, 2013, 05:04:03 PM
letter O I and Q were never used on vin numbers to my knowledge

"O" was used for some of the Super Stock cars.  68 Hemi Darts and Barracudas.

A383Wing

67 Coronets were "WO23" and Plymouth was "RO23" for the Superstock cars

and those are not "zero's"

rainbow4jd

That's interesting.   I really don't know a lot about those Super Stock cars.    Any historical thread on them or link somewhere?

Sounds like a good read.

A383Wing

Quote from: rainbow4jd on October 02, 2013, 07:18:22 PM
That's interesting.   I really don't know a lot about those Super Stock cars.    Any historical thread on them or link somewhere?

Sounds like a good read.

here is one...there are many more out there

http://www.harmsauto.com/iRO_HomePage.html

Ghoste

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste