News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a scam?

Started by ramit, March 02, 2006, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramit

Every time I try to look at stuff on ebay I am automatically redirected to a sign in page.  I know in the past the I could look at stuff without being signed in, so I am wondering if this could be some sort of a scam.  Is anybody else having this problem?

Ponch ®

that dont sound right. you should be able to look at stuff (unless youre trying to look at someone's feedback, etc) without having to sign in.

Do you have any anti-spyware programs? I suggest you update them and run them.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ramit

I was just trying to look at cars on ebay motors and I am told I need to sign in.  It seems pretty fishy to me.  I will have to try running my spyware.

Johnny SixPack

Yeah, I just checked, and I was NOT asked to sign in to view any of the vehicle listings.

Definitely want to run your spyware stuff and also dump your cookies and temp. internet files.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

ramit

Wow, that is wierd.  I ran the spyare program and that did not fix it, but I deleted cookies and erased the temporary files and that took care of the problem.  Thanks for the  help.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: ramit on March 02, 2006, 09:06:56 PM
Wow, that is wierd.  I ran the spyare program and that did not fix it, but I deleted cookies and erased the temporary files and that took care of the problem.  Thanks for the  help.

De nada, amigo! :2thumbs:

Had that happen to me before.  :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

BigBlockSam

if you want to see if its a fake screen put in a fake user name and password. if it takes it it's fake. i put in eat sh** and die and it took it. FAKE
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ramit

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 02, 2006, 09:27:33 PM
if you want to see if its a fake screen put in a fake user name and password. if it takes it it's fake. i put in eat sh** and die and it took it. FAKE

That is a pretty good idea.