News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master Cylinder

Started by JMF, September 30, 2013, 06:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

I need to order a new Master Cylinder but can't find any numbers on the current one, this is what it looks like, power with discs on front, it's for a 68, any ideas on a code or link to which one I need ? Thanks

ODZKing

Chrysler PN is 2883058 same as 1969.
Rock Auto has several listed.  Cordone 131323 and 101475. And NAPA NMCP1874
Reman ones are fairly inexpensive.

maxwellwedge

The pic is a 71-up style....the originals face was flat.....it will function fine though.

rave_12000

Quote from: ODZKing on September 30, 2013, 08:33:30 AM
Chrysler PN is 2883058 same as 1969.
Rock Auto has several listed.  Cordone 131323 and 101475. And NAPA NMCP1874
Reman ones are fairly inexpensive.

you can call up part store...and order with car make/model.  it is a bendix if original.  there is now a knock off that you can get new or may even turn up as a reman.  i would shoot for a new knock off.  not expensive.  depending on you motor...hemi exits to the fender to clear valve cover.  all non-hemi apps exit to motor.  keep this in mind if you order a new brake line kit. 

disc vs drum take two different master cylinders.  easy way to tell diff, power drum front and rear reservoirs are same size.  power disk has larger rear brake reservoir and smaller front brake reservoir.