News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone watch the mini series Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans?

Started by Troy, September 29, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I caught a few snippets of this and decided to record the whole thing. I'm normally NOT a fan of any sort of reality TV but I found it informative and interesting. Anyone else watch it?

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about... this was a 4 part mini series on Velocity about Patrick Dempsey's journey through creating/owning a team and becoming a more competitive driver with the ultimate goal of racing at Le Mans. Patrick is an actor (for those who really don't know) who loves cars and got hooked on sports car racing. There are a LOT of references to Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, and James Garner with a bunch of old racing footage.

More info and some clips here:
http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/patrick-dempsey-racing-le-mans/about.htm

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

He was in Monterey in August during the car auctions with two other car collecting celebrities and I thought HE was the one who just came to check things out.  I don't mind finding out I was wromg.

JB400

It's nice to see what all of us without Velocity is missing.

Mopar Nut

I have it DVR'd but not watched it, so it's worth watching?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BrianShaughnessy

I cauight some of it...   I really need some down time to catch up on stuff like this.

Lot of behind the scenes goings on and the never ending search for $$$$$$$
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Troy

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 30, 2013, 12:28:51 AM
I have it DVR'd but not watched it, so it's worth watching?
Obviously I think so or I wouldn't have watched it all. ;) Of course, I don't always like what everyone else does.

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 30, 2013, 07:20:21 AM
I cauight some of it...   I really need some down time to catch up on stuff like this.

Lot of behind the scenes goings on and the never ending search for $$$$$$$
Yep. At least on this show I can see where all that money is going. Unlike a lot of reality TV (like Gold Rush for instance) where they claim dollar figures that anyone with any sense knows are totally bogus.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.