News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nobody can say that I am Biased

Started by boss429kiwi, September 26, 2013, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Ghoste

Hah, not they can't.  They also can't say you don't have a garage to be proud of. :2thumbs:

A383Wing

nobody can say you don't like red either  :D

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

boss429kiwi

All 1970's muscle cars should be red/orange, shouldn't they  :yesnod:  

Note the white shaker on the Cobra Jet, very rare, in fact this is the only one produced in Calypso Carol.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Lord Warlock

Funny thing about not being biased, I have a pic similar to that one, not sure it will show up well, its a digital photo of an old print photo, and can't link to it from the old page anymore.  The mustang on the right was my daily driver at the time, the Camaro z28 was a cursed car from hell, but it looked pretty, and of course the charger has stood by me since I was 17.  But I liked performance from all makes, the photo was from 1989, the mustang lasted me 9 years and would never die, I eventually sold it because I just got tired of driving the same car year after year while the wife got nicer and nicer rides.  The 5.0 GLX was a rarity in its own right, and the first modern car I had bought out of college 157hp and advertised as the boss in 1982, got it with 30k miles from my dad who got it new, sold it at 159k miles.  Liked that old mustang, wouldn't mind having it again for the kids to drive. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

GOTWING

lord warlock, there is a 82 GT on ebay thats bid up over $20,000 with 800 actual miles  :D

petercharger

I saw the ad plus video I would have a hard time believing it only had those miles.   For that kind of money should have been cleaner and again trailer a 82 to shows.    Really :smilielol:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Lord Warlock

My dad got it new for 7500, 5.0 stickshift, leather seats, optional hood scoop which I made functional later.  It drove great, would get 25mpg on the highway (it got 30mpg on one trip when I towed a small trailer, never understood how it got better mileage towing than without a trailer, but it did) when I bought it from him after I reached my first air force duty station, (Ellsworth AFB SD) and when I came home to get married, we drove it back to South Dakota for our honeymoon.  Had factory louvers on the rear window, and about every available option.  The GLX was actually a step above the GT option wise.  I paid him about 5700 for it with 30k miles,  then put 130k miles on it over 9 years.  It went through several paint jobs,  black with red leather originally, later a two tone black and gold (as seen in the picture) the later I had it painted emerald green.  I sold it for 1500.00 and whoever got it had a very nice car.  My dad replaced the 82 glx with a 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0, that was a nice hot rod in the 80s.  It was the last carburated 5.0.  

I wouldn't pay 20k for one,  while they were nice cars, they aren't worth 3x their original price new.  They haven't quite gotten that collectible yet,  if I'm going to spend 20k on another mustang, I'd get a 69 or 70 mach I instead and fix it up,  actually I'd probably just splurge and buy a used 2013 Boss mustang or Shelby GT500, that's probably what i'll get when I decide to stop driving the 2010 challenger r/t I drive now.    Mustangs are fairly fun to drive, especially if you don't need to carry passengers or use the back seat.    
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

69charger2002

Good looking rides there Boss429Kiwi!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Lighthorseman

Actually, you are biased - but in a good way, as I cannot see any RICE in that picture.  Good on ya, mate!   :2thumbs: