News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air compressor/Air line setup

Started by tsmithae, September 27, 2013, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmithae

I've been doing a LOT of research to get myself up to speed for the imminent painting that will be occurring eventually.  I have so far stumbled upon a Devilbiss Plus paint gun for a steal that I will be picking up this weekend.  I have also been doing a lot of reading on keeping contaminants from getting into your air hose and eventually your paint.  

Is there anyone here that has set up their garage/shop/etc with air lines?  What are you using - black/galv./copper? What are you utilizing for water traps/seperaors/desiccant driers/etc?

I intend to build a water cooler on the wall behind the compressor that will consist of several vertical pipes, turn-arounds, and drop offs with valves at every lower U. I plan on using a flexible hose to connect the tank output to the piping and will have a quick connect mounted on the wall with potential for running piping around the garage with other quick connects strategically placed. 

Thoughts, concerns, recommendations?
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Dmichels

Where do you live? If the humidity level is normally low you will have less of a problem. Hot moist compressed air needs to be cooled in order for the water to condense out. Your loops may work OK on cool days but on a hot day by the hot compressor there efectiveness will be comprimised. If you trully want dry air the only answer is a refirgerated dryer $$$$$. A store bought water seperater works ok Use a drip leg at the bottom of every air drop. Make sure any water that condenses in the lines will not collect in any low spots. I think some companies sell platic lines that are air line rated that are easy to work with.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

John_Kunkel

A good quality water trap would be a lot less hassle than that plumbing nightmare.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.