News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear window defroster

Started by John L, September 24, 2013, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

All,
I'm trying to replace my missing rear window defroster. The car is relatively new to me and it was missing. I was able to track down all the parts and got them installed.

I need to figure out where the 12v supply comes in to tie into the switch. In the FSM it is circuit C10-18LGN and tells me to "see accessory wiring diagram". In my manual I can only find the Accessory Wiring Diagram for a Coronet. The dash harness has been replaced and I can find no way to hook up the LGN bullet connector from the switch harness to the dash harness. Not sure if M&H wires their dash harnesses for this option or I am just missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Ghoste

John L

ChargerST

Isn't 1970 the first year for the two speed blower motor (resistor looks like a heater coil and is inside the blower housing)?

Brock Lee

I believe it runs from the switch to the appropriate fuse at the fuseblock and connects with one of those piggyback connectors.

John L

Quote from: Brock Lee on September 26, 2013, 10:15:55 AM
I believe it runs from the switch to the appropriate fuse at the fuseblock and connects with one of those piggyback connectors.
Brock,
  There is a male bullet connector on the light green wire coming from the switch harness. The connector sure looks factory as it has the sealed rubber around it. From the service manual I would agree with you as no bullet connector is shown on the schematic. This is what has me so puzzled (very easy thing for me).

John L

ok after 45 minutes on the phone with Ken from M&H we both gave up. If anyone here has the optional rear window defroster and can tell me where the 12v feed comes from I would greatly appreciate it.

John

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701