News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Im back!!! but not with a charger

Started by mpdlawdog, September 27, 2013, 08:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpdlawdog

Hey all.....not that anyone cares but my divorce is final...the basement wall is fixed....hard to believe my charger has been gone a year now....finally got my stuff together and found this!  its a 72 ralley (JS code) 340 4 speed car....originally a yellow car but now has a CRAPPY rootbeer brown color on it...it hasnt been on the road since the mid 80's...the goodyear IIs still have the paper stickers on it...its a solid project but I dont think its a matching number car but have not looked...didnt really care because of the 4 speed and the fact it was a yellow ralley...I loved my charger but have always loved the challengers...found this and had to have it...is going to be a father father son project...my 12 year old has been bugging the crap out of me to get something so we can work on it together....hope everybody is well!!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

mpdlawdog

more pics

Back N Black

I'm glad things are working in your favor. That looks like a very solid car, should be a great project. :2thumbs:

tsmithae

Welcome back! The chally looks nice, I too will admit that I have challenger fever; I intend to own one someday!
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

firefighter3931

Welcome back buddy   :cheers:

Nice Challenger you have there and a 4 spd as well   :2thumbs:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

twodko

Welcome back and congrats on a great new project! The resto of that Chally will be a trove of wonderful father/son memories. Outstanding.  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dino

Welcome back!  I'm glad to hear you got everything sorted out.   :2thumbs:

And I for one really don't care if you have a Charger or not, I measure one's worth by attitude and ethics and I think you're on the good side of both of those.   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Finn

Good to have you back! Sweet ride, looks really clean. What are the plans for it??
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Ghoste

Mopar Nut

I had a 70 chally, loved that car.

Mopar or no car.     :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

TUFCAT

I love it!!  You don't need a Charger to be here, I'm proof of that.  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

stripedelete

Cooter

Yeah buddy...love them E bodies. I got a 72 too, but I had to install all the cool factors yours already has. :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Patronus

Looks good! Would it be rude to ask whatcha paid? I can feel that will be the next project down the line. Good luck.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Fred

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2013, 10:32:19 AM
Welcome back!  I'm glad to hear you got everything sorted out.   :2thumbs:

x2   :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Paul G

Gotta love the manuals. Hard to find in any condition.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Bob T

Hey Lawdog, good score , well done. You're 12 year old will love that.
That 340 and 4spd will really honk, a buddy of mine has one on the water at the moment , same year just in mango
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

nvrbdn

nice score. enjoy the father son time with it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Lighthorseman

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 27, 2013, 02:52:28 PM
I love it!!  You don't need a Charger to be here, I'm proof of that.  :2thumbs:

Me too.  Glad to see you're back - Can't wait for the build thread!  :2thumbs:

Tilar

Welcome back. I've liked the Challengers since I saw Vanishing Point when it first came out, and ANY Father/Son project is great and it doesn't matter what it is. My son and I did a 1981 Camaro back in the mid 90's and I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mpdlawdog

Quote from: stripedelete on September 27, 2013, 04:23:30 PM
How did the basement go?
Well the basement actually went well...two day job...we actually had saved our tax return that covered the cost thank goodness....the only thing that wasn't covered was the digging...come to find out my ex was doing him so i got it done for next to nothing!!!!!

mpdlawdog

I have to admit I really miss my charger  :'(. But love the pistol grip and spoilers/hoods on the ebodies....This weekend I got the engine ready to pull out....gas tank out and so on....I'm going over the motor and tranny and painting the engine compartment....brakes and tires/wheels...the paint will have to wait a while....
My son doesn't know about the car yet...it was his moms weekend so this weekend he'll be sanding getting ready for primer ;D
thanks for the welcome...everybody on this site was awesome helping me with my charger...and for a good laugh!

1970Moparmann

Welcome back. :cheers:  The Challenger will have many years of memories with your boy.  :2thumbs:  Share the progress!!!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TUFCAT

Quote from: mpdlawdog on September 30, 2013, 08:34:03 PM

Well the basement actually went well...two day job...we actually had saved our tax return that covered the cost thank goodness....the only thing that wasn't covered was the digging...come to find out my ex was doing him so i got it done for next to nothing!!!!!

Holy Schnikies...that's some wild stuff right there!  :eek: 

Lord Warlock

congratulations, any mopar is good, I'm sure most of us would love a 340 4spd e-body.  You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Lord Warlock on September 30, 2013, 10:53:10 PM
You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.
Definitely Yellow.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 01, 2013, 12:22:37 AM
You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.
Definitely Yellow.

I 2nd that.
A mate of mine's 73 has a 440 and 4 speed and with the yellow and black he has added the short side stripes and blacked the front which changes it again - Go Wing as well. Goes good too, I've given it the odd shoefull, but man, what a difference from a B body in the handling dept..
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Hard Charger

congratulations, any mopar is good, I'm sure most of us would love a 340 4spd e-body.  You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.

2 challengers
looks like my garage but I have a new and a 72 in red.

Lord Warlock

Mines the new one on the right.  figured I wouldn't hurt to throw a pic out that included a yellow oldie as well. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

flyinlow

Welcome back  :2thumbs:

Are you going to get it on the road soon?

resq302

Welcome back!   Definitely do a thread on the progress!  After all, we love seeing any kind of mopar!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mpdlawdog

happy thanksgiving all....I havent posted in a while but before it got really cold we took the motor out of the challe...hillbilly style lol....

I actually got the engine bay primed and ready to paint...unfortunately I found out why it didnt have the fender tag on the car...it was hit in the drivers side fender and someone put a ton of body filler in where it is :rotz:...Oh well...its not a matching number car so Im not freaking out about it...

I got the motor back from the machine shop...Ill have to get a few shots...its bored .30 with hipo pistons and what not..Lunati cam...edelbrock intake and so on...should be a good runner....

plan on taking the car to my buddys shop and painting the engine bay...pulling the kframe...and rebuilding the suspension/torsion bars/ upgrading the front brakes...and so on...

It has turned into a great father father son project...thats my dad and son working on sanding it and taking the bumpers off....

still debating on the color...I know the impact yellow is rare on a 340 4 speed car but....I always wanted a blue car.  if it were a numbers matching car...i would keep it yellow..... :shruggy:

hope everybodys doing well!!  Happy Hollidays!!  and yes I really miss my charger :icon_smile_big:

JB400

Looks like a decent project :cheers:  I'll have to keep tabs on this one. :popcrn:

Fitz73Chrgr

Paint it blue if you want a blue car!   :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

polywideblock

welcome  back     :cheers:      would look great B5 blue    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Silver R/T

Love classic Challengers, great project!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1974dodgecharger

Awesome pics, father and son project great bonding time.  :2thumbs: