News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior Opinions

Started by JMF, September 20, 2013, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Went to view a 68 today, the interior has been removed and is all in the trunk

Just wanting some opinions on where to go with it if I were to buy it, the 3 options I have

1) Put the old blue interior back in, everything's there, except new headliner will need to be fitted

2) Change to black, would match the exterior of the car

3) Leave door cards/headliner off, remove back seat and carpet etc and go with the rat rod look, again this would suit the exterior, i'm kind of preferring this option at the moment, will be fitting the Centreline/Outlaw type wheels hopefully

Any thoughts ?

JB400

HeavyFuel

Stay with the blue.......neat color for an interior.

If you do convert over to black or something,  maybe pick up used, tatter stuff.   That would give you kind of a rough look, and save some $$.

Also...the rat rod gutted interior will be noisy as all get out.    :eek2:   I'd think a long time on that.

b5blue

I've been using my car the last few years with no interior, it sucks! (Just old seats, dash and a worn out headliner.) You get sick of it pretty quick, like riding in the back of a cargo van.  :eek2:

JMF

Ghoste

I would leave the blue because its a nice change from the black you see all the time and with the black exterior its still a good match.  As for the stripped down look, I did that once in a 69 and will echo the previous, it's NOISY.  You will get tired of it quickly.

Fred

I've got to go with the black.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

green69rt

Blue is ok, no opinion on the color.  You really need to look at the individual pieces.  The foam tends to pull away from the metal backing on the dash parts.   You may not be happy with the finished result.  Just a thought.

PlainfieldCharger

Go with the blue, nice to have something a little different. Plus that blue is a nice color....Black will be easier to find parts that need no color changing... :Twocents:

Dino

I'd have to go with black.  Besides black and white, the interior colors on these old cars look like Fisher Price made them.  No offense to the purists, I just can't stand these intense colors top to bottom in an interior.

Option 3 doesn't sound like a good idea no matter how you look at it.  I'm also one of those that thinks rat rods are an excuse to not do the work properly.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twenty mike mike

If you buy the car and switch to a black interior, I'd be very interested in the blue lower dash pads.