News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fy4's 69 rt restoration

Started by fy469rtse, September 26, 2013, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Little bit of trouble getting that loop to sit clear all round where it sits around tail shaft, had to pack it slightly with washers on crossmember,

fy469rtse

fy469rtse

another

fy469rtse

fy469rtse

again

fy469rtse

it looks close to exhaust in this shot , but has got a good 3/4 inch clearance

fy469rtse

For you Myk
fitted my front chin spoiler, 69 boss mustang, why ? much wider than the gm Camaro one , should have taken a few more shots from the side, will add those in coming days

fy469rtse

latest covers and engine shot

fy469rtse

heat insulation that I added to floors over mufflers

fy469rtse

new engine covers

fy469rtse

Why these covers had to, look how close those tall victor heads make everything, even ad to move starter relay,
Can just get these , I mean sneak the of just, close to fan on one side, not much room to power booster either

69chargerboy

Damn. Your car is sweet! Love the engine bay! No non sence in there!  :2thumbs: :drool5: :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

fy469rtse

Thanks 69chargerboy, nice to know , I actually think the same everytime I see what you are doing , posts
Love the silver on yours

Ghoste

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

fy469rtse

I know you guy's wanted to know what it made on the dyno, yes good numbers, but what's more important is after careful planning of transmission , rear etc, is how that relates to rear wheel numbers,
As baldwinvette puts it should be able to abuse rear tyres at will , will let you know , once car on the road , chassis dyno to tune carby mainly, but will get numbers also

Ghoste

cdr

Quote from: fy469rtse on March 10, 2014, 04:14:57 AM
For you Myk
fitted my front chin spoiler, 69 boss mustang, why ? much wider than the gm Camaro one , should have taken a few more shots from the side, will add those in coming days

i like it,but it does not look wider, just not cut at an angle on the ends.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

fy469rtse

Only a few inches, wider, if it was another roughly six to eight the fitted sides would fit our valances perfect and then we could use the look to perfection,
The plan is if I tap it into anything, will overlap the centre new piece and move both sides out using two scoops as one , will take a side shot , I like the look of it from side on more than front on ,
It's almost invisible as it hides my red sway bar and the K frame,
Good job on here guys, I would never had thought of adding chin spoiler if not for the guys on here

xs29bb1

Quote from: fy469rtse on March 13, 2014, 10:45:59 PM
I know you guy's wanted to know what it made on the dyno, yes good numbers, but what's more important is after careful planning of transmission , rear etc, is how that relates to rear wheel numbers,
As baldwinvette puts it should be able to abuse rear tyres at will , will let you know , once car on the road , chassis dyno to tune carby mainly, but will get numbers also

Assuming you've got it tuned pretty well, does the Dyno help you dial it in even further, or is it just to check the numbers at that point?

Ghoste

Just my opinion but tuning would be the main purpose of the dyno always.

fy469rtse

Yes chassis dyno a must, get the right air fuel , set the carburettor to car , engine always behaves different once in the vehicle ,
Then I will know the real figures, will film it and post it on here first guys , it will be a little while yet as life and circumstances always get in the way ,
Just missed the biggest Chrysler shows over here, so plenty of time to finish it
Looking forward actually to the noise , will film for baldwinvette the absolutely destructive end to an old set of BFG's ,

fy469rtse

Haven't done a lot on it of late , issues with brakes, walked away and gave it a break , focusing on restoring my seats

fy469rtse

Haven't posted a lot, been chasing my tail with bleeding brakes, couldn't get any fluid down to the rear , bad proportioning valve, new one on its way , mind you this was new , thanks for nothing inline , I have the receipt for this one , the other issue I found when bleeding the brakes , as I was pumping , vacuum bleeding , and not getting fluid to the rears, I noticed the rear reservoir to front brakes was filling up more ? WTF fluid from the rears reservoir was transferring at master cylinder , bad master  also new , dorman re manufactured ,
New one on the way, have moved on to other things while I wait for brake parts,
Will post photos , fitted inertia reel seat belts to front and rears, front have the drop link to keep belt on your shoulder and off your neck, rears are fitted to floor and pass through existing holes in parcel speaker shelf, using plastic guides off late model car at wreckers
Continuing on seat frames, half way through making my new to rear of front seat boards ,
Was hoping to be at the final stages of fitting carpet and seats, car still up on ramps stands to finish brakes,
Photos shortly of progress