News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fy4's 69 rt restoration

Started by fy469rtse, September 26, 2013, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

also shots of my 3 inch exhaust I've been working on hooker straight through mufflers and up at the tail 24 inch redback hotdogs to try and take the bark away

fy469rtse

more , shots of exhaust and my tail pipes,

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

fy469rtse

Thanks, hey one issue I have discovered with the victors being so tall, that it moves everything else along with it,
My collectors from headers are close to the front floor,
? How close is too close, i can get my hands fingers in between , but will heat be an issue here ?,
I usually run heat shield up over the mufflers but never had to do it here before,
What has anyone else ran under floor between exhaust and floor ?

fy469rtse

photo of main centre section of exhaust before install

fy469rtse

Just realised I haven't posted any thing to my thread in a while, sorry guys will update soon , with photos of tail shaft loop, front and rear screens in , proper seal to trans extension housing , just small bits and pieces to trim and such, did this mainly so I can find my thread again

green69rt

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 13, 2013, 04:11:06 AM
Thanks, hey one issue I have discovered with the victors being so tall, that it moves everything else along with it,
My collectors from headers are close to the front floor,
? How close is too close, i can get my hands fingers in between , but will heat be an issue here ?,
I usually run heat shield up over the mufflers but never had to do it here before,
What has anyone else ran under floor between exhaust and floor ?

More  than the heat, will the flexing in the motor mounts cause the headers to bounce against the floors or any other parts.   Especially on the driver side.  I think the engine tends to lift on the driver side from torque so how would you know??

fy469rtse

I did that engine mount fix Mitch that's got a sticky , so hopefully it won't lift and hit , more worried about the heat  , on the dyno before I got A/F right was running a bit lean , but the heat coming off the headers was something else, great numbers on engine though,

Ghoste

Well don't leave us hanging.  :lol: :popcrn:

xs29bb1

Hey FY - when you gonna get some new pics up??  Car looks great   :cheers: 

:popcrn:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

fy469rtse

Have taken a heap to post, but computer troubles, using I pad at the moment, not sure how load photos with that

xs29bb1

fy469rtse

On the flip side , getting good with this I pad , can take it any where in the house , sitting watching TV , at dinning table , just watch out for the slap  :D

fy469rtse

sorry guys ,
will get back to posting ,
i know a lot of you have cabin fever by now, and hopefully nothing worse, we have had the opp to that , extreme heat , so havent been out working on the car much ,
but looking for my thread , getting ready to post, just checked where i was up to so shortly

fy469rtse

been working on exhaust , just reinstalling , fitting trial and error,
worst part posting , got out of the pratice of attaching photo's , having a lot of trouble posting photo's ,
this is my third go this morning posting with photo's attached.

fy469rtse

ahh , finally it worked, sorry guy's just frustrated , computer just fixed and then the frustration of attaching photo's
been too hot , holiday season, family needs come first, less money at xmas
anyway been doing jobs that are just fiddly to car,
exhaust just tight everywhere , amazing how tight in places when 3 " inch used,
had to move several times and modify, while i had the centre section out i installed heat shield over the mufflers, i priced it every where over here and it just seemed to be the dynomat stick on type mat,
so i had a look at the junk yard and all the modern cars have a rigid double skin type material used for  heat shields,
so i picked a factory v8 model and used the sheils off that, had to modify and rework , but turned out nicely,
will take some more photos tonight on what i have been working on 

gers1968rt

Very nice work you do, looks like you made a lot of progress in a short time.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

fy469rtse

thanks for the encouragement, always nice to hear what others think
some times i little embarrassed to post given the quality of others work on here

gers1968rt

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 05, 2014, 06:26:40 PM
thanks for the encouragement, always nice to hear what others think
some times i little embarrassed to post given the quality of others work on here

No way should you feel like that, your work is top notch.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

green69rt

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 05, 2014, 05:44:26 PM
ahh , finally it worked, sorry guy's just frustrated , computer just fixed and then the frustration of attaching photo's
been too hot , holiday season, family needs come first, less money at xmas
anyway been doing jobs that are just fiddly to car,
exhaust just tight everywhere , amazing how tight in places when 3 " inch used,
had to move several times and modify, while i had the centre section out i installed heat shield over the mufflers, i priced it every where over here and it just seemed to be the dynomat stick on type mat,
so i had a look at the junk yard and all the modern cars have a rigid double skin type material used for  heat shields,
so i picked a factory v8 model and used the sheils off that, had to modify and rework , but turned out nicely,
will take some more photos tonight on what i have been working on 

Yeah, hot down under, I'm freezing in Houston.  Too cold to work in the unheated garage. 

Still, it would be nice to be as far along as you.   Mitch

fy469rtse

Thanks guy's , Mitch I like that latest avatar shot , fit all good now ? It looks great sitting there,
Been fabricating my own tail shaft loop, almost bought the one from Mancini racing, but wanted to combine features from others I have seen,
Liked the way it bolts in using cross member bolts, but I didn't like the way you had to remove tail shaft to get the rest off and reverse to fit ,
So ring is in two parts bolted over lapped, so once unbolted you can slip it over tail shaft, will post photos in the morning just finished tonight painting it after last trial fit , I more job out of the way

fy469rtse

here a couple of shots to tailshaft loop,
will post more

JB400

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."