News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Equus Bass 770: a new hodge-podge muscle car

Started by bull, September 25, 2013, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

myk

In a parallel universe that would be Frank Bullitt's ride...

WHITE AND RED 69

Yeah its all mustang with a 71 plymouth bumper. I don't see any challenger or camaro in it? But I like it!  :2thumbs:  I wonder what the price is? $100 grand?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WV69RT

tan top

not for me

Quote from: WV69RT on September 25, 2013, 06:11:48 PM
Those headlights scream 1970 Coronet at me-

yeah I see that too or a 71 roadrunner  or 72   :scratchchin:

maybe

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ws23rt

At first glance I like it.  It is clean and smooth.

After putting many styling details in focus it looks like a mix of many cars.  (Mostly Mustang)

Come on you young free thinking design engineers.  Give us something fresh. :Twocents:

Fred

I agree, at first glance it looks kind of neat. But on closer inspection I really only like the front end. Not keen on the back or profile.

If it's a hodge podge of everything, does that make it the best there is?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

myk

1974dodgecharger

Baldwinvette77

i'd like it more if it was based on an e-body or first gen f-body, the mustang body is too obvious  :scratchchin:

on another note its looks like one of those generic cars in a grand theft auto game  :shruggy:

bill440rt

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 25, 2013, 05:54:31 PM
Yeah its all mustang with a 71 plymouth bumper. I don't see any challenger or camaro in it? But I like it!  :2thumbs:  I wonder what the price is? $100 grand?

My first thoughts EXACTLY. A Mustang with a '71 Road Runner cued front bumper. I see no Challenger or Camaro either.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargerboy69

I would open up the grill, take out that center section. . .  Other than that I like it a lot.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

NJRBros

I wonder what the price is? $100 grand?

Try $250 grand.

I thought I'd like it at first glance. Then I saw it from this angle and realized it's just a mustang with strangely deformed windows and a stubby, mismatched front end.

I know that was probably harsh, but for that price... pssssh

Sorry, but this gets a :down: from me.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: NJRBros on September 26, 2013, 09:08:54 AM

Try $250 grand.

I thought I'd like it at first glance. Then I saw it from this angle and realized it's just a mustang with strangely deformed windows and a stubby, mismatched front end.

I know that was probably harsh, but for that price... pssssh

Sorry, but this gets a :down: from me.

Mustang history is that its affordable muscle car for middle class...when did mustang hit that territory

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

A rolling turducken??? Or just another overpriced fancy Mustang ::)  For the price, there are other cars with more original creativity in automotive design.

NJRBros

I guess it's appropriate for a company whose name means 'horse' to make a Mustang-styled car

bull

Quote from: NJRBros on September 26, 2013, 09:08:54 AM

Try $250 grand.

Exactly. When I saw the side profile it looked all but identical to a fastback Mustang. So much so that I wondered if/when Ford would figure out how to file a lawsuit.

Daytona R/T SE

It's a fake mustang with a piece of shit chevy motor in it.

:puke:

:down:

Junk.

Finn

Quote from: bill440rt on September 26, 2013, 06:50:25 AM

My first thoughts EXACTLY. A Mustang with a '71 Road Runner cued front bumper. I see no Challenger or Camaro either.

It has Challenger mirrors.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Ghoste

It's a modern take on  the 67 Mustang in my opinion and overpriced by about 200k unfortunately for them. 

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Mike DC

That's more than a $50k car.  

Yeah, you could buy all the parts in it for under $50k.  But they aren't selling a pile of parts.  

$250k?  Umm, no.  I wouldn't pay $100k even if I liked it.  

And that goofy "Equus Bass" name has to knock at least $10k off the value.        

GOTWING

myk

Put me behind the wheel of a factory stock, brand new 5.0 over that thing any day, and for about $220K less money too... :lol:

Dino

At 20 I would've drooled all over that thing, at 40...what were we talking about?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2013, 10:33:13 AM
At 20 I would've drooled all over that thing, at 40...what were we talking about?

I think you're right.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mike DC

At 20yo I would have thought the mechanicals were impressive but the body is ugly.  I still feel that way now. 

hatersaurusrex

1. I see 66-67 Charger - in the gauges.
2. 250K?  Give me a Stage 3 Roush for 1/4 of the price - and it still looks the same and I can get parts for it.
3. There is no 3.  I just like to make lists with 3 things on them.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70