News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this weather is killing me...

Started by Khyron, March 01, 2006, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

March is here, I'm starting to get the bug....

all those in warm weather can keep driving through here :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

It's been in the teens here lately, & the wind has been the nastiest for over a week. I'm not working on my cars since there's no heat in the garage, but I am bringing an 8-3/4" rear (to swap into my Scamp & toss the 7-1/4" one) to a shop in NJ to get it disassembled & checked out. I may have the sure grip installed, but not sure yet. Also bringing a 23 spline trans for my Road Runner to have that checked out. As far as I know both are okay, but they have been sitting around for years.

The bug is definitely around.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TheGhost

Surprisingly, the weather has been in the 70s here for the past couple of days.  Yesterday, I just drove around for an hour or so, enjoying the weather.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Johnny SixPack

High of 82*F here in southeast Texas today.  :icon_smile_approve:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 01, 2006, 09:17:24 PM
It's been in the teens here lately, & the wind has been the nastiest for over a week. I'm not working on my cars since there's no heat in the garage, but I am bringing an 8-3/4" rear (to swap into my Scamp & toss the 7-1/4" one) to a shop in NJ to get it disassembled & checked out. I may have the sure grip installed, but not sure yet. Also bringing a 23 spline trans for my Road Runner to have that checked out. As far as I know both are okay, but they have been sitting around for years.

The bug is definitely around.

The bug is definitely around. I was at my autobody shop where the Charger is until 11:00 PM last night, until the shop owner said he was going home - way beyond my bed time, installing the heater box and insulation trying get things done in a warm environment! The shop owner was working on a Corvette.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

sounds like he needs to be working on a charger, so you can get out and drive it in this weather :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

i pulled my chargers cover off,and washed her last night in the shop-it was freaking 15 outside!no matter how long i own her,the sound of the 440 barking alive gives me chills every time!

4cruzin

Well I have a nice mix of Freezing rain and snow showers today!   Way too much fun!!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

41husk

It's down in the 50s today but still sunny, one of my manifolods is off blasted and painted, working on the other side now.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CB

to cold to paint my ride, have to wait till itwarms up a bit...
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Johnny SixPack

D@mn!

High of 87*F today!  :o

This is some crazy 'winter' weather we're havin'. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Old Moparz

Quote from: formula_440 on March 02, 2006, 08:17:34 PM
D@mn!

High of 87*F today!  :o

This is some crazy 'winter' weather we're havin'. :D

Yeah, crazy. Let's go swimming.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

my73charger

WooHooo!   Gonna hit the hight 30's here next week.

Johnny SixPack

Woo-hoo!

83*F today. :D

Freakin' cold snap, eh?  :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:

Shakey

Quote from: andy74 on March 02, 2006, 08:57:16 AM
i pulled my chargers cover off,and washed her last night in the shop-it was freaking 15 outside!no matter how long i own her,the sound of the 440 barking alive gives me chills every time!

Hey Man,

How was FL?  Did I happen to miss your "I'm back" thread with a bunch of pics of some beavers on the beach?

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Shakey on March 03, 2006, 08:26:57 PM

Hey Man,

How was FL?  Did I happen to miss your "I'm back" thread with a bunch of pics of some beavers on the beach?

Mmmmmm, salted beaver.

Much better than salted pork. :D
Johnny's Herd:

Shakey

Quote from: formula_440 on March 03, 2006, 08:28:21 PM

Hey Man,

Mmmmmm, salted beaver.

Much better than salted pork. :D

Ya know Johnny - you're alright!   :thumbs:

Good one.   :smilielol:

Chryco Psycho

Now we have -10 & more snow than we have had all winter , I guess winter is finally here  :flame:
where si Global warming ????

mopar_madman

chicago here is high 30's low' 40's I have a small reddy heater (home depot) that warms the garage up great. May want to invest if the car bug is biting that bad.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

BrianShaughnessy

I took the 509 cam out weeks ago and still haven't started putting the 528 cam in.    I sent the intake out to get ceramic coated...  I thought it should be here by now but the brown truck drove past yesterday.  :P
I did a few house projects and waiting for the contractor guy to show up to start the bathroom.   I should really get  some insulation and a new door on the garage.

The last couple days felt worse than most of January  :-\   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger_Fan

My kids left one of the downstairs windows open half the day yesterday ( :icon_smile_angry:), so there should be more heat coming your way soon. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

Hey Man,

hey shakey,havent had a lot of free time,new owners here at the dealership and a lot of bull shit to fix,but ill get some pics up when i get a chance,no beavers though,the wife was with me

derailed

Just lookin at the forecast for next week in the Albany area and its suppose to be high 50s and rain for a few days, hopefully that will get rid of most of this friggin salt so we can get the cars out sooner.

Silver R/T

this week has been wonderful here, warm enough to work on my car outside (as I dont have garage)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: derailed on March 06, 2006, 12:58:01 AM
Just lookin at the forecast for next week in the Albany area and its suppose to be high 50s and rain for a few days, hopefully that will get rid of most of this friggin salt so we can get the cars out sooner.

:dance: yeah baby!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.