News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proud new owner of a 1972 Dodge Charger

Started by spiderjason, September 21, 2013, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Fred on September 22, 2013, 01:59:48 AM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome.  :cheers:

Very, very nice.  :drool5:

Plus what Fred said. :yesnod:

NHCharger

Nice looking car. 72 is one of my favorite years. I have put over 30k trouble free miles on my 72 since putting it on the road in 01. A 318 with a 2.71 gear = a whole day of cruising on one tank of gas.
Welcome to the site :cheers: :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

spiderjason

Posted some more pics on photo bucket...  I forgot a motor shot...  Plus I am going to take some more probably tomorrow in the sun to let that metallic paint shine!!!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/spiderjason/library/?sort=3&page=1

spiderjason

The car drives pretty good...  The motor needs to be tuned up better than the guy I bought it from has it...  Its got all drum brakes so that is the main adjustment...  The motor is a base 318 so not fast by any means...  The body is in good shape with hardly any rust...  Still have trouble uploading the pics it says it can't be bigger than 200kb now...  Click on the link to photo bucket I have in the thread I took more pics today...

Quote from: charge69 on September 22, 2013, 06:44:32 PM
I appreciate the compliments on my Charger: however, this thread is about YOUR Charger.  The one picture so far looks like you got a real solid car. How does it drive? I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your Charger!  Congratulations !

72Charger-SE

Welcome to the site!  Very nice purchase!  What are your plans for your car?  Keeping it original or making it 'your own'??

spiderjason

My plans are to pretty much keep it Original...  I do plan on put hidden lights on the car I think the hidden lights makes the car look way tougher...  It has all drum brake so I might put disc on the front...  I want to keep it original because honestly I was looking for a 1969 Charger or a 1970 442...  I ran across this one and got a good deal... So, I will keep this one for while but know I can get a little more than I paid for it...  So maybe in a year or two I can save some more money and sale this one and get either the 69 Charger or 70 442...  But I do like this car so that doesn't work out I won't be very disappointed...

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on September 22, 2013, 09:57:49 PM
Welcome to the site!  Very nice purchase!  What are your plans for your car?  Keeping it original or making it 'your own'??

myk

Quote from: spiderjason on September 22, 2013, 09:56:50 PM
The car drives pretty good...  The motor needs to be tuned up better than the guy I bought it from has it...  Its got all drum brakes so that is the main adjustment...  The motor is a base 318 so not fast by any means...  The body is in good shape with hardly any rust...  Still have trouble uploading the pics it says it can't be bigger than 200kb now...  Click on the link to photo bucket I have in the thread I took more pics today...

Quote from: charge69 on September 22, 2013, 06:44:32 PM
I appreciate the compliments on my Charger: however, this thread is about YOUR Charger.  The one picture so far looks like you got a real solid car. How does it drive? I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your Charger!  Congratulations !

In Photobucket, just copy the link/code by the letters IMG, paste it and you'll get this:

Or maybe even this:

Photobucket is pretty easy to work with.

Getting front discs is always a good idea-one of the best things you can do for your car, especially if you plan to drive it regularly...

Mopar Nut

Quote from: spiderjason on September 22, 2013, 10:15:06 PM
My plans are to pretty much keep it Original...  I do plan on put hidden lights on the car I think the hidden lights makes the car look way tougher...  It has all drum brake so I might put disc on the front...  I want to keep it original because honestly I was looking for a 1969 Charger or a 1970 442...  I ran across this one and got a good deal... So, I will keep this one for while but know I can get a little more than I paid for it...  So maybe in a year or two I can save some more money and sale this one and get either the 69 Charger or 70 442...  But I do like this car so that doesn't work out I won't be very disappointed...

I used to own a 68, 69 and 70 442, nice cars.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 22, 2013, 10:20:37 PM
Quote from: spiderjason on September 22, 2013, 10:15:06 PM

What happened?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on September 23, 2013, 12:56:14 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 23, 2013, 12:02:37 AM
I grew up! 

Ok, but at least you didn't grow out of them, right?   :drive:
Not at all, still looking for them.

I should of said, I grew up, joined the military and had to sell them.

spiderjason

[/quote]
[/quote]

Glad to hear this from people on the forum...  I was wondering if I might catch a little Hell for saying I want either a 1969 Charger or 1970 442...  The thing is I am a fan of the Muscle Car era!!!!  During the Muscle cars era every manufacturer made a car I like whether its Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Buick, Mercury or OLDS....

Fred

Quote from: spiderjason on September 23, 2013, 11:47:09 AM

[/quote]

Glad to hear this from people on the forum...  I was wondering if I might catch a little Hell for saying I want either a 1969 Charger or 1970 442...  The thing is I am a fan of the Muscle Car era!!!!  During the Muscle cars era every manufacturer made a car I like whether its Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Buick, Mercury or OLDS....

:yesnod:    :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

I'd take 1 71-72 Mach 1 any day, but not over a Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Mopar Nut

Glad to hear this from people on the forum...  I was wondering if I might catch a little Hell for saying I want either a 1969 Charger or 1970 442...  The thing is I am a fan of the Muscle Car era!!!!  During the Muscle cars era every manufacturer made a car I like whether its Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Buick, Mercury or OLDS....

:iagree: