News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proud new owner of a 1972 Dodge Charger

Started by spiderjason, September 21, 2013, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderjason

Hello, everyone I joined this forum pretty recently about a month or two ago...  I was looking for a new classic project...  I really wanted a 69 Charger but looking around I didn't see anything in my price range...  I wasn't in a huge hurry to buy anything just happened to run across this 72 Charger...  I've had the Charger for two days and we have had bad weather the last two days... Because of the weather I don't have good pics right now...   I will post some more pics later...  Car is in good shape with very little rust for being in the Houston, TX area its whole life...  There is some in the trunk and little spot when you open the driver door at the lower right body...  The guy I bought it from said the car had two owners before him...  He bought it from the Son and his Father was the owner before the son...  The Charger has a base 318 motor and an Auto Transmission...  The guy said it was numbers matching"If that is what Dodge calls it" He said he verified the numbers...  I will be double checking that myself in the future...

I resized the photos but still isn't letting me attach...  Says they are still too big...  Try this link to see the car...  I'm going to take more pics later and put on photo bucket...

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t642/spiderjason/2809242c-57bf-4965-9ead-d3041f6ab959_zpsafcdc673.jpg

Trying to figure out how to post a pic but its says it can't be bigger than 800 Kb  Cant figure out how to make the file size smaller...

nvrbdn

welcome. cant wait to see the pic's. you can open up with some photo system in your computer, and resize them. alot of guys go to photo bucket to do theirs. i have also found that if you email them it resizes them and they will post. anyway, good luck with that. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Photobucket-it's what I use all of the time.  It's free and easy to use.  Welcome aboard!

ralley72

Glad you found a car, 72 Chargers are great cars. Post some pictures when you figure out how to resize them. I size my pictures with my camera, so its easy for me.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Old Tired Rebel

Welcome from Stillwater. This is the best Charger site out there.

JB400

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

jaak

Congrats. Can't wait to see pics, I used to have a 72 Charger, and a 73 Charger.
I'm a big fan of 3rd gens.

Jason

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

VegasCharger

Welcome aboard!!! I used to have a '72 Charger SE. Can't wait to see some pics.

You can resize your picture files by using Microsoft paint, a program that is included on all Windows operating systems. Right click on the pic you want to resize then select "open with" then select "paint". Then follow my directions on my pics below. (this is from a Windows 7 operating system)

Hope this helps............. :cheers:

you could always upload the pictures to http://www.imgur.com - that way we can see them in full size and detail.  ;)
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world monocular.

billfury

Congrats on your new Charger. I can't wait to see some pictures of it & the progress pictures. Good luck.

spiderjason

Thanks for the help...  I have a Macbook so I'm not using windows operating system... but appreciate the time you took to post what you did...  I have a garage sale today and the Texans are playing at noon I believe...  I will figure out how to resize the pics today and get some posted...   I just posted this late yesterday and watch the UFC pay per view so didn't invest enough time figuring it out...

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 22, 2013, 04:54:50 AM
Welcome aboard!!! I used to have a '72 Charger SE. Can't wait to see some pics.

You can resize your picture files by using Microsoft paint, a program that is included on all Windows operating systems. Right click on the pic you want to resize then select "open with" then select "paint". Then follow my directions on my pics below. (this is from a Windows 7 operating system)

Hope this helps............. :cheers:

nvrbdn

great. and yes, football and nascar today, not alot of time for pictures. glad to hear your a texans fan and not dallas!!!!!  chiefs fan here.  :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Great buy. Texas killed K-State last night. :brickwall:

spiderjason

Was a Dallas fan when I was young and dumb!!!  Back in the Tom Landry days...  Funny thing I didn't like Houston Oilers until there last 3 years in Houston...  I wish we still had the Oilers I like the colors and logo better than the Texans...

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 22, 2013, 10:50:07 AM
great. and yes, football and nascar today, not alot of time for pictures. glad to hear your a texans fan and not dallas!!!!!  chiefs fan here.  :yesnod:

spiderjason

Yea, I watched a little of that game and I'm going to say I was surprised Texas beat K-State

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 22, 2013, 10:53:23 AM
Great buy. Texas killed K-State last night. :brickwall:

spiderjason

I resized the photos but still isn't letting me attach...  Says they are still too big...  Try this link to see the car...  I'm going to take more pics later and put on photo bucket...

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t642/spiderjason/2809242c-57bf-4965-9ead-d3041f6ab959_zpsafcdc673.jpg

jaak

nvrbdn

yep, yep, yep looks pretty clean. great job :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charge69

Glad you found the site, spiderjason! A very nice looking '72 Charger.  More pics on this site would be nice

We have a few members here that are from the Houston area including me up here in Spring.  Stick around and enjoy yourself!

spiderjason

Damn, I love your car...  Maybe one day I will get a 69 Charger...  I will be taking more pics today so check back...

Quote from: charge69 on September 22, 2013, 04:12:47 PM
Glad you found the site, spiderjason! A very nice looking '72 Charger.  More pics on this site would be nice

We have a few members here that are from the Houston area including me up here in Spring.  Stick around and enjoy yourself!

charge69

I appreciate the compliments on my Charger: however, this thread is about YOUR Charger.  The one picture so far looks like you got a real solid car. How does it drive? I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your Charger!  Congratulations !