News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC controls and vacuum pods problem

Started by Calif240, July 02, 2013, 01:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys, finishing restoring my Interior AC system ('69 w original AC). I've got the switch PN 3502126. I've traced all of the lines to ensure they are tied to the correct vacuum pod on the doors according to the factory service manual. All of the pods work w vacuum. The issue is that the doors aren't open or closed at the proper setting. I'm following the FSM line routing and FSM door function but it doesn't match despite my troubleshooting. Could it be an issue w the switch? Something w linkage? Something else I'm missing?
Thanks
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

GF7Bee

Can you send me the pictures of the vacuum routing lines mated to the proper pods? I think my mechanic messed mine up. Thanks.

Calif240

I don't have pictures as I completed this project several weeks ago. However, the FSM has the correct routing. If you don't have the FSM, I'll see if I can get the routing numbers for you. There is a number 1-7 on the connector that tells you each line number. Each pod gets a white line and a red line.
Let me know if you don't have the FSM.
Terry

y3chargerrt

Dumb questions but did you look the switch up to manifold vacuum?

HeavyFuel

So...they aren't open or closed at the proper setting according to the switch on the dash?

If that's the case, maybe the vac hoses are on the wrong locations on the back of the switch.   :scratchchin:

Calif240

It's not that the hides were wrong. It is that that the switch was screwed in upside down... So all of the switches were backwards... Thanks though