News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One stop shop for underhood parts

Started by Dino, September 16, 2013, 08:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

While I'm making a mess under the hood, I may as well order all new and shiny parts to offset it a little.   :icon_smile_big:

I prefer to order everything at once but I realize not all may carry what I need.  I know the 70 and up voltage regulator bracket is not available everywhere but hopefully the rest is.  So what's the place to go?

I need for a '69 A/C car:

All hoses for heater and A/C, including the little bypass hose and the hose on the blower motor.  All clamps holding these hoses as well as brackets and whatever they were secured with.  '69 water pump nipples.  The original plastic wiring retainers are brittle as can be so I'll need new ones there as well.  Bulkhead connectors are functional but 2 out of 3 have a tab broken off so I'd like all 3 connectors.  Radiator hoses are getting old so new set of those needed.

Another question.  I do not have the stock 440 valve covers and also plan on installing the cast aluminum MP valve covers.  What do I do with the wiring loom?  How do I secure it if at all?  What gasket is recommended for the valve covers?  My rubber gaskets are starting to leak here and there.  Go with the same and add some ultra copper on both sides or black rtv maybe?

That should be it...for now.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

maxwellwedge

Frank Badalson and others have most of that stuff available....hoses (not including A/C pressure hoses). nipples etc. I though the regulator bracket was being re-popped? I use original appearing impregnated cork gaskets with stock valve covers..no issues..also helps to keep the spark plug wiring neat.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Looks like Rolik is the only one in town with the regulator bracket but Badalson seems to have everything else I need.  Thanks!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.