News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car show at the drive-in last night.

Started by BrianShaughnessy, August 07, 2005, 08:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

As I have mentioned on other posts...

Took Black Betty to the closest drive-in north of Catskill cause the Dukes was playing and they had their annual classic car cruise-in and it was $8 a car load.    Not a huge turnout of cars - hell I posted it on moparts but nobody bothered replying....  not that there's a lot of members in the area anyway.  Oh well.

My only real problem was taking down the barriers and letting in the dumph87ks with the minivans into the car show area when they ran outta room.   I shoulda moved myself  and blocked the area between the 2 old speaker stands.
Some trailer trash in a minivan squeezed in next to my car after it got dark and they left their garbage all over.  I don't see any problems with the car this morning but it didn't help my moviegoing experience any. 

I haven't been to a drive-in in a long time... now you use your FM radio.   Lotta people bring boom boxes - good idea.  Wish I'd thought of that  :-\ 

There were a few Mopes. 

1/2. Me
3.  Chally that packed up the kids and left when the movie started   ???
4.  Coronet...  nice guy - put a 440 in it.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BrianShaughnessy

1/2/3  HEMI...  nuff said.   He's a local guy but he left when it got dark cause he was paranoid of the bambis.

4.  "Honey... it's got that funny paint... take a picture."   "Yes, dear".

BrianShaughnessy

1.   Charlie's 73 mach 1 that Speedo did when my car was there also.   It's been in Hemmings Muscle machines.   He won the $120 for the 50/50.  He's the original owner.

2/3/4.   Charlie's nephew's Mark's   Aussie Falcon.   It's been in a few Ford magazines.     Notice the right hand drive.     I talked to him for awhile... he's not such a d*ck as I thought he was before.   Maybe I just don't carry grudges as long anymore...   oh well.     

BrianShaughnessy

Probably the nicest '57 ragtop I've ever seen in my life.   I kinda dig it.   Notice the guy hogged up 2 spaces.  He was smarter than me.   That's all folks !!!  :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Cool pics! I love those Aussie Falcons!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blusmbl

Is that a Cordoba or a Monte Carlo next to the '65 Plymouth?  :icon_smile_shock:
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

BrianShaughnessy

rt green

what size are the rims and tires on the back of the black charger? thats yours isnt it?
third string oil changer

dart3404

Ghoste

Cool pics.  Too bad about the trash.  The drive in used to be such a family event and then it became an outdoor party.  Probably one of the things that contributed to it's demise.

Blusmbl

Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

RECHRGD

Too bad the place wasn't paved.  I went to an event similar to that a few years ago and left early because of the local cowboys zipping around too fast in their pick-ups, covering all the show cars in dust.  It put a damper on the whole show.
13.53 @ 105.32

bluesfool

I also took my wife and kids to see the DOH movie at a drive-in. I went round and round with myself as to whether or not I wanted to take the Charger, but decided against it. It was a smart decision too because while we were waiting for dark to come, there was a mother/father letting their 7 and 8 yr olds run around the cars tossing a ball. If I had had my Charger there, I would have been freaking out!