News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dual relocation oil filter on My 68 charger 440 R/T should I keep or remove.

Started by Dave27, October 14, 2013, 01:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave27

I bought a 68 dodge charger 440 R/T and the previous owner installed the dual pickup line out the side of the pan to the pump and then a dual oil filter relocation to the other side of the engine mounted to the inside of the frame but never finished hooking up the lines. Sooo I had 2 steel braid lines made ran them hooked them up(none  of my stuff leaked). I have read the dual pickup is a great add on but I dont know about the relocation of the filters is this a good setup or should I remove the relocation filters and steel braided lines and just install the single filter on the pump side.It all appears to be working but I have an oil leak at the pump it appears to be coming from one of the oil pump hold down bolts but I need to verify.Thoughts or any help much appreciated I am new to mopars.Thankyou.....Dave

Just 6T9 CHGR

Is this a street car or a full race car?

Remote oil filters is way over kill for a street use car :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dave27

It is a street car with a few high performance mods. It just has headers,intake,carb,new electronic ignition and I think the guy put a cam in it not to radical but sounds really good. I might run it down the quarter mile some day but I definatly would call it a street car. 

I dont know what the reason for the mod is thats what I was trying to figure out.Other then alittle more oil capacity and filtering the oil alittle more.I did just do some reading and it appears a big reason is so you can mount the remote filters so that the oil filters are vertical rather then horizontal so you dont create a mess when changing the oil.Thnakyou....Dave

Dmichels

way overkill for a street car
make sure you have the system plumbed right so you do not have some crazy oil starvation issue
if you like the looks and it works ok keep it
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10