News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone heard anything about a possible 2 door model of the Charger?

Started by TheGhost, March 01, 2006, 03:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

I was talking with one of the guys at the dealership yesterday, and he told me that they are expecting some 2 door 300Cs, and probably even a 2 door model of the Charger, basically due to all the response wanting one.  However, I was wondering if there was any official announcement, or if this is just rumour.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

TheGhost

Quote from: hydroforce on March 01, 2006, 03:28:17 PM
I think you're starting one...... ;)

I'm just repeating what I heard, and am asking if anyone else has heard this.  Who knows, it might even be true.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

jwilk01

I work for a chrysler dealership and that is news to me.  Parts catalog still shows 4 doors and it gets updated ever other week.  Sorry looks to be just a rumor.

Later
Josh

66ragtop

As stated above, I also work for Dodge and have heard nothing of the such.  Wishful thinking though :yesnod: but not as long as the Germans are involved.  They are to busy trying to turn us into Mercedes :flame:
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

694spdRT

If I had to choose I would much rather see them build the concept Challenger than try and make a 2 door Charger out of the current body style.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TruckDriver

Where's Andy on this one since He works for a Dodge Dealership too  ^-^
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

terrible one

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 01, 2006, 05:36:46 PM
If I had to choose I would much rather see them build the concept Challenger than try and make a 2 door Charger out of the current body style.

I agree

Big Lebowski

A nice 2 door Charger would highlight Mr Creed's lack of intelligence. So it won't happen.  :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hotrod98

We were driving back through Ozark, Mo from the Columbia swap meet last month and our friends driving behind us said that they saw a 2 door Charger at the Dodge dealership there. We were in a hurry to get back or we would have gone back to check it out. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

The Ghoul

west coast customs is working on one.
the other night during the dodge charger overhaulin they showed a new charger shell in the back ground of west coast. the doors were mocked up and the roof was cutt off (like they were planning to chop it too).
cant wate to see what it looks like
(after I photo shop out the ugly chrome rims)

bull

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 01, 2006, 05:36:46 PM

:iagree: Exactly. In fact I'd buy 100 four door concept Chargers before I'd ever consider buying one of those ugly '06 things they build now, even in a two door.

Chris G.

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 01, 2006, 07:45:21 PM
west coast customs is working on one.
the other night during the dodge charger overhaulin they showed a new charger shell in the back ground of west coast. the doors were mocked up and the roof was cutt off (like they were planning to chop it too).
cant wate to see what it looks like
(after I photo shop out the ugly chrome rims)

I believe WCC has already finished that car, and it was at SEMA this year. I think they did a General Lee.  :sick:

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on March 01, 2006, 07:46:38 PMIn addition, I'd buy 100 four door concept Chargers before I'd ever consider buying one of those ugly things they build now in a two door.

Blech.  While the rest of the body is nice, I can't get past the nose on that car. :icon_smile_dead:

The Ghoul

I say come out with a press statment " yeah were sorry, we sent the wrong plans to the the manufacturing plants. We ment to reliece the 99 concept, so we will be making that for now on"
man I loved that car  :'(

bull

700HPCharger

I heard from a salesman from a local dealer that, there was rumor of a two door within DC also...I doubt it though.

Crazy Larry

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 01, 2006, 10:22:11 PM
I say come out with a press statment " yeah were sorry, we sent the wrong plans to the the manufacturing plants. We ment to reliece the 99 concept, so we will be making that for now on"
man I loved that car  :'(

In person, that car just jumped out at EVERYONE. Even the Ford and Chevy guys were hanging out by that Charger. It made everything else on the floor look obsolete.

If I wasn't such a Dodge fanatic, I would have dumped them because I will never forget the sick feeling in my stomach when the first pictures of the "Redesigned" Charger were leaked on the internet.....

...I knew all the years of waiting were too good to be true. Not even a racing style flip top gas cap?! Could the Dodge Germans have been any more lazy designing this thing?

plum500

IT'S MORE THAN JUST THE DOOR COUNT :)

That last one was just a private design I believe -- nothing from Dodge... too sport compact for me...

Think the '99 concept is very nice, from the front wheels back -- like to see a different front end.

A 2-door version of the current car would only turn the Charger dial maybe to 4, from 3 out of 10 for me.

Mike DC

Let's say you sent off for an expensive, animatronic mail-order bride.  You asked for a Jessica Simpson type of model but they delivered Rosie O'Donnell.  You call them back & say: "Rosie's all wrong!  I mean, she's a Lesbian for chrissakes!"

So after two years of complaints about the brides, they finally bow to public outcry & reissue a new hetero version of the Rosie model.   Are you happy now?

The doors on the '06 car were never the problem.

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 02, 2006, 05:50:55 AM

Let's say you sent off for an expensive, animatronic mail-order bride.  You asked for a Jessica Simpson type of model but they delivered Rosie O'Donnell.  You call them back & say: "Rosie's all wrong!  I mean, she's a Lesbian for chrissakes!"

So after two years of complaints about the brides, they finally bow to public outcry & reissue a new hetero version of the Rosie model.   Are you happy now?

The doors on the '06 car were never the problem.

:2thumbs: :iagree: :haha:

Brilliant!

andy74

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on March 01, 2006, 06:03:11 PM
Where's Andy on this one since He works for a Dodge Dealership too  ^-^
here i am! its all bull shit,there isnt anything official from dcx about a 2 door anything,including the challenger,but as always-ill let you guys know when i do!

70charginglizard

Quote from: Big Lebowski on March 01, 2006, 06:17:06 PM
  A nice 2 door Charger would highlight Mr Creed's lack of intelligence. So it won't happen.  :D

But according to him. There is no market for a 2 door so why would they do a thing like that???  :angel:
70charginglizard

The Ghoul

wasnt the last car they did that was 2 door a stratus, wich is a re-packaged eclypse?
or maby the sebring?
I alwasy thought they should have made the charger look more like the stratus R/T rather than the 300

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 66ragtop on March 01, 2006, 04:46:19 PM
As stated above, I also work for Dodge and have heard nothing of the such.  Wishful thinking though :yesnod: but not as long as the Germans are involved.  They are to busy trying to turn us into Mercedes :flame:
:iagree: Mercedes :flame: will kill off Chrysler the first chance they have to get away with it. As soon as it(Chrysler) looses enough money from bad  ideas it will become road kill and left to the scavengers to finish off.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser