News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gas vent?

Started by el dub, September 07, 2013, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Hey guys, don't know if this is the right area to post this so I'll try here. Does anyone have a pic of where this piece goes. I think it came out of the trunk near the gas fill tube but I cant remember. thanks.  lw
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

el dub

Now that I've been thinking about this for a while I'm pretty sure it was  located near the fuel pump. It came off my 383 two barrel. lw

Dino

It looks a bit out of shape.  It's either the fuel filler tube vent line or the pump to carb line.  Either way it's bent out of shape.  How long is it?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

el dub

It came off a 68 charger with a 383 2 barrel. It is 15" from one end to the other in a straight line. Its not bent up. I think a hose was on one end, the other end vented to atmosphere. 

tsmithae

With the every present issue of fuel backing up in our filler necks, I wonder if someone didn't add that as a vapor vent to prevent fuel from getting as backed up...  :shruggy:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

green69rt

Doesn't look bent up because no kinks.  I would guess it is the line from the vapor seperator to the flex line going to the carb.  only other thing I can think of is that is the line from the gas tank level sender and it has been cut off. :shruggy: :shruggy:  It almost certainly did not vent to atmosphere unless it was the gas tank vent in the trunk. That is straight but was about 15" long.

Dino

It does look a lot like the fuel line over the axle, which means it was cut.  If not cut then I would have to say it's pump or separator to carb, but it sure looks weird.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

I do not think it is this one
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

el dub

Quote from: Dino on September 14, 2013, 07:23:21 AM
It does look a lot like the fuel line over the axle, which means it was cut.  If not cut then I would have to say it's pump or separator to carb, but it sure looks weird.

I was looking in the service manual at that. It looks different but makes sense. Thanks.  lw