News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Cast Date & Car Build Date TOO FAR APART ???

Started by Speedfreak, September 06, 2013, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedfreak

Just looked at a Superbird, there is a 5 month gap between the block cast date and fender tag build date, is this possible?  I know back then anything could happen, but have not run across such a wide discrepancy, is this reason to be suspicious?  All numbers match. Stamping looks good to me.

pettybird

Keep in mind the build date for ALL birds is 11/30, so yours wasn't likely built that day.  I have cars built in mid November, and I have a 4th week of August and 1st week of September engine casting dates. 

What's the last 6 of the VIN?  If it's an early to mid October car it's right in line. 

A383Wing

are you talking about block cast date on the side or the stamped date on the upper pad by the intake?

pettybird

maxwellwedge

The block casting date doesn't mean too much....as long as it is within 2-10 months or so. The engine assembly date on the top pad is what matters the most......as well as the VIN stamps

A383Wing

Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 10, 2013, 12:13:31 PM
The block casting date doesn't mean too much....as long as it is within 2-10 months or so. The engine assembly date on the top pad is what matters the most......as well as the VIN stamps

yea..that's kinda what I was getting at....but the first post said "engine cast date" which I take as the raised date on the side of the engine block...and as you said, that date really doesn't mean much

maxwellwedge