News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lowering blocks...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, September 10, 2013, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

any recommendations on brand of lowering blocks to get?  1inch drop.....

ws23rt

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 10, 2013, 05:59:32 PM
any recommendations on brand of lowering blocks to get?  1inch drop.....

Hmmm a few questions come to mind? :shruggy:

twodko

Don't mess with the OEM suspension.......you'll regret it. Consider 14" wheels and low profile tires.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

375instroke

Flipping the front leaf spring hangar upside down will lower the back about an inch.  You'll have to drill a couple holes in the hangar since they are offset.

myk

Quote from: twodko on September 10, 2013, 09:18:44 PM

Don't mess with the OEM suspension.......you'll regret it. Consider 14" wheels and low profile tires.  :Twocents:

He just bought 20's for his car, and for what he plans to do with his vehicle the stock suspension is WOEFULLY inadequate...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

JB400

I believe Firm Feel sells front leaf spring brackets that are suppose to lower the car an inch.  Just stating that they're available.  I haven't tried them.

A383Wing

I had to add blocks to my black 66..the springs I put on there back in the 80's were so stiff, it kept the rear end up way too high....I don't even need to run rear shocks on the car it's that stiff

Bryan

chargerbr549

Most of the 1"lowering blocks that i came across seamed kind of cheesy or didn't fit very so I just made my own out of a solid blocks of aluminum.

Fred

When I needed lowering blocks I couldn't find any to fit perfectly so I made my own. Now that the leaf springs have settled and the car height is spot on, I got rid of them.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

Don't mess with the OEM suspension.......you'll regret it. Consider 14" wheels and low profile tires.  :Twocents:

i have hotchkis leaf springs and shocks in rear.  14inch tires got swollowed up by that setup....

HPP

Use extruded or billet blocks, not the cast crap you find in most chain stores. Check Speedway Motors, type in lower blocks in your search; http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CD0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedwaymotors.com%2F&ei=IXswUrGiGPKS7Aa_soHIAQ&usg=AFQjCNH2P1PSLczBDDT8lSwpE4Tduy2Y2A&bvm=bv.51773540,d.bGE

I assume the Hotchkis springs use the later model type of pinnings and not the oversized iso-clamp junk.

1974dodgecharger

:o
Quote from: HPP on September 11, 2013, 09:17:25 AM

Use extruded or billet blocks, not the cast crap you find in most chain stores. Check Speedway Motors, type in lower blocks in your search; http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CD0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedwaymotors.com%2F&ei=IXswUrGiGPKS7Aa_soHIAQ&usg=AFQjCNH2P1PSLczBDDT8lSwpE4Tduy2Y2A&bvm=bv.51773540,d.bGE

I assume the Hotchkis springs use the later model type of pinnings and not the oversized iso-clamp junk.

hpp i see they got a wide range lol....thx for the tip.

twodko

Quote from: myk on September 10, 2013, 11:12:32 PM

Don't mess with the OEM suspension.......you'll regret it. Consider 14" wheels and low profile tires.  :Twocents:

He just bought 20's for his car, and for what he plans to do with his vehicle the stock suspension is WOEFULLY inadequate...

Thanks Mik, got it now.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

WHITE AND RED 69

I got my old ones from mancini racing. Comes with matching U-bolts as well.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/relesploblki.html

Are you sure you want to go any lower? I think with the tire you are running you are going to rub when you put any weight on the rear or when you take a tight turn.   :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

chargerboy69

I run a 1" lowering block kit from Autozone. . . $14,99.  I have had it on for nearly two years now.

I bought a few different height kits from Autozone until I found the right height, they all worked perfect.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

lasvegas69charg

x2..autozone 1" and they are extruded al.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 11, 2013, 01:47:23 PM
I got my old ones from mancini racing. Comes with matching U-bolts as well.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/relesploblki.html

Are you sure you want to go any lower? I think with the tire you are running you are going to rub when you put any weight on the rear or when you take a tight turn.   :Twocents:

Yeah I have nearly 2 inch of height between lip of fender and top of tire.  My overall wheel diameter is 31inches so it increases the height higher than normal even with the hotchkis setup that claim one inch.  I wanted my car to sit like yours but imagine your car roughly 3 inch higher in rear thats how mine looks like.

I have 1 and 1.5inch blocks but dummy me i forgot to buy longer u bolts.