News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old question needs new guesses...

Started by myk, August 22, 2013, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

myk

Quote from: 74Rallye on August 25, 2013, 08:36:33 PM
1 Set the Edelbrock carb linkage for the max pump shot.
2 Look for anything that could allow a vacuum leak.
3 Is the distributor connected to the correct vacuum source?
4 Look at how your distributor's vacuum advance and mechanical advance are coming in.
5 Try disconnecting and plugging the vacuum advance line and re-adjusting the distributor timing.
6 The Edelbrock carb adjusting kit can be helpful to.

1. Done.  Maybe I can 'fab something to give it a bigger stroke/shot?
2. Checked everywhere.  And with all of the intakes and 'carbs I've swapped out over the years you'd think the problem would've been fixed or gotten worse, but it remains the same.
3. Yes
4. How so?
5. Tried that a few years ago, and like Ron says, some cars like the vacuum line connected, some don't; mine doesn't like it as much and the hesitation actually gets worse.
6. Tried just about every needle, jet and spring combination as well as idle screw settings.

Like Ghoste says, I'd like to try a Holley 'carb and try tuning it, but I've already tried different 'carbs including a Holley in the past; the problem always remained...

I'd also like to look into the kickdown linkage, for all the good that may or may not do for me...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

myk

Checked the throttle linkage for "play" as I started to push the gas pedal but no-the linkage starts to move no matter how lightly I push the gas pedal.  Shift points are within 'spec during part and full throttle.  

The only thing that remains is the "tight converter" theory that some of you guys have mentioned.  I wish I had asked what sort of converter they installed during the 727's rebuild all those years ago...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

green69rt

Ok, so you've eliminated some items.  Seeing all the replies, I would also look at the converter.  Tough road to go down.  Keep us up to date.  Does anyone know of any method to test the converter without taking the car apart??  Is there a way of looking at the thing through the bell housing shield??  Anything???

Ghoste

Do an old fashioned brakes on stall check?