News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Hole Pluging Suggestions...

Started by 69chargerboy, August 28, 2013, 04:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

What you guys suggest to plug these two holes for the A/C unit. I want a nice clean look to block those holes until I am ready to install A/C. Any suggestions? I was too lazy to take a pic of my firewall...LOL      ;D Thanks! :2thumbs:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

JB400

Can't tell what kind of fitting is behind the black hose/wire, but I'd just go to the hardware store and get a couple plugs.  Should be a NPT thread.

cdr

sorry i misunderstood what your goal was
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Measure the threads and visit the local hardware store.  Everything else will look cheap.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

GreenMachine

You can go to the junkyard and get the hose ends and crimp them.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

bull

Wait a minute, are you talking plugging or capping? If it were me I'd just get a variety of these flexible plastic caps.

John_Kunkel

Like Dino said, the threads on the circled fittings are straight threads the same as plumbing fittings, find a female brass cap for the male thread and a male brass plug for the female thread.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

warpspeed

Wow! This thread has helped me more than anyone would know.  The input vacuum hose for the A/C Heater unit has been a mystery to me.  As I am just putting my box unit back in the car, there is the vacuum hoses to contend with.  One, the vacuum source, has not been found on any drawing or otherwise to show me where it goes.  I found that the hose is very hard on the loose end, which tells me that it must go to the vacuum source on the engine or about it somewhere.  I figured that because the hose was hardened by the exposure of heat.  This picture showed me where it comes out of the firewall.  THat is great.

Then the elbow tubing on the fan motor is necessary to cold the fan?  That explains why there is a tube sticking out of the firewall just below the motor.

Thanks.

Then, I didn't realize the pipe fitting were standard NPS.  That makes sense and makes it easier.  Thanks again.