News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heehee

Started by TK73, March 01, 2006, 01:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemihead

I was taught by my parents that you don't touch anything that isn't yours.When I did, I got smacked on the rear.This kids parents apparently never taught their kid to respect other people's property.Why should it always be other people's responsibly to raise and correct their offspring?
If you can't handle or don't want to raise kids don't have them.Don't have kids and then hand them to someone else to raise so you can run off to work or go out all the time.It's not the kids of today, It's the parents!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'm a pretty strong guy and I can only PUSH a Dart

:smilielol:    your such a mopar head,
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

MyMopar

Quote from: hemihead on March 02, 2006, 02:58:10 PM
I was taught by my parents that you don't touch anything that isn't yours.When I did, I got smacked on the rear.This kids parents apparently never taught their kid to respect other people's property.Why should it always be other people's responsibly to raise and correct their offspring?
If you can't handle or don't want to raise kids don't have them.Don't have kids and then hand them to someone else to raise so you can run off to work or go out all the time.It's not the kids of today, It's the parents!
:iagree:

It's true, the world has become more lienent with kids these days.  The stuff my nieces do never cease to amaze me.  Sometimes I wonder would my childhood have been better if I was able to goof off more like kids of today?  Then I go to MY house and look at MY Charger and am grateful for the lessons learned growing up.  Parents are a big part of it.  Of course my parents were divorced when I was 10 so I learned by not doing what others did.

Arthu®

Quote from: Orange_Crush on March 02, 2006, 11:08:41 AM
Quote from: my73charger on March 02, 2006, 10:55:16 AM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on March 02, 2006, 09:54:46 AM
Quote from: my73charger on March 01, 2006, 11:06:01 PM

Should have known.  OC TO THE RESCUE!!!  Relax kids do dumb stuff I never said it was right, just making fun of the artwork.  I am sure this kid never thought twice about what he was doing, he was probably showing off for his friends.  In any case I am sure he has learned a lesson in it and the your keying a painted car is really a stretch IMHO.  In any case Jesus has nothing to do with it.

SO...had the kid keyed your car...would your attitude be this blase?  Let's even take it down a notch...had the kid stuck his gum on your car...how would you feel about it.  WOuld you still be saying "Kids do dumb stuff..I'm sure he's learned a lesson...probably showing off for his friends"?

No, you'd be on dodgecharger.com getting suggestions on the most painful way to dismember him.

Is the painting worth 1.5 million?  Probably not (Helen Frankenthaler is still alive.)  But Its probably worth 150,000.00 as that's what Frankenthaler's acrylic on canvas works go for on the art market.  I any case, what the kid did is no different than...say...keying the fender of the superbird at the WPC museum...in fact...the superbird would be easier to fix.

Your wrong.  I wouldn't be on this board looking for suggestions to hurt the kid.  I have 4 kids and I would never seek to hurt a kid, especially a 12 year old.  Actually my car was keyed at a HS football game that I attended to watch my daughter cheer.  I never sought to find the culprit cause I know how disrespectful kids can be.  The damage was done and there was nothing I could do.  I took my car home and repaired the area as best as I could.  End of story.  I am by no means suggesting the kid should be let off the hook at all.  I am sure he has been dealt with.  You obviously have never made a mistake.  What would you suggest they do with this Menace to the Art world?  You seem to have all the answers on nearly every subject from what I can tell.

Not all of them...just most of them.

At twelve, I knew better...had the kid been eight, I'd be much more forgiving.  Sure, at 12 you have a messed up sense of the magnitude of your actions and you'll do some dumb crap just to show off.  But the kid (his parents, actually) need to be responsible for the cost of the restoration.

My problem is not with that.

My problem is with the fact that many in the thread seem to be very forgiving when a kid does this to a piece of art because...its just art.  Had the kid done this to their car or house...they'd be calling for his head.  If you would not do that, then I apologize for misjudging you.

I concur, the kid messed with other people properties. THE END. I don't care how expensive or what the property is. He messed with it and that is wrong and should be punished.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Crazy Larry

Its most of the kids mentality today of "no consequences for their actions" that makes me paranoid of leaving the Charger anywhere in a parkinglot.

I just recently hunted down a fuel tube lock for the Charger so I can rest easier this Summer and maybe leave it in a parking lot when I go to a movie or something.

But, I tell you, all it takes is one dumbass who is jealous that he got dusted in his Honda by some muscle car to see your Charger sitting in all its glory, to walk over and throw a cigarette butt/sugar/soda/use your imagination - to make your life a living hell. There is no code of respect or honor with kids today - its an anything goes mentality with the knowledge that someone will always bail them out of a fix.

So, that is why the Charger was always in my line of sight.

On a side note, I went to many museums in 6th/7th grade field trips - and I never thought of putting gum anywhere - my Dad and Mom would have killed me.

That is the key to this story, was the kid scared of his parents when he thought of paying the consequences for his actions?

SeattleCharger

That is the painting?   I'm surprised anyone even noticed he stuck a piece of gum on it.   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

The Ghoul

I wasnt taught to respect others propertie, or any of that. My mother mearly put the fear of god(and about a pound of splinters from her wooden ruler) into me when ever I did something wrong and sticking gum on any thing in a musem was definetly wrong.
Its that the parents leave the TV to rase the kids at home and the teachers to rase them at school. Mean while the meda keeps on pumping out storys leading them to beleve any sort of punishment is abuse so they are affrade to disaplin them.
I agree with maddox.xmission.com
his artical on 'if you love your kids prove it by beating them'
not to the degree he takes it to but I think some thing can be learned by it.
*Ill find the link when I get home*

BigBlockSam

my dad used his belt.  to keep me under control. didn't work. i did what i wanted and took the beatings. that was the old school way, thats all he knew. besides that he was a good dad and tried to raise me right.  thats no way to raise a kid. i was a good kid and didn't deserve to get beat on when i messed up. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

The Ghoul

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 03, 2006, 02:33:34 PM
i did what i wanted and took the beatings.  i was a good kid and didn't deserve to get beat on when i messed up. Rene
???
do you realy think you would have been better of with 'time outs' or 'go to your room, with your tv, and your computer'
I was a good kid out of shear paranoia. My mom had a hell of an arm!!
It only took about 5 major screw ups for me to learn the system.
please no one take this link serriously.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat
I just find it funny in a sick twisted , Id never go that far, sort of way.
I think the time outs and stern talking to in the molly coddeling voice is just asking for trouble with your kids down the road.