News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another General Lee Wannabe

Started by TruckDriver, September 07, 2013, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 12:19:26 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 12:16:48 AM
Hey now WS, he has to spend six hours researching his post to get it to sound intellectual.  Show some appreciation. ;)

So sorry :eek2:   He may have to go ask a neighbor what we are talking about :icon_smile_wink:

He's an educated man, I give him that.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on September 15, 2013, 12:24:13 AM
Hey now WS, he has to spend six hours researching his post to get it to sound intellectual.  Show some appreciation. ;)

So sorry :eek2:   He may have to go ask a neighbor what we are talking about :icon_smile_wink:

I tend to agree.  I'm sure I could learn a few things, but......

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 12:26:09 AM

I tend to agree.  I'm sure I could learn a few things, but......

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say that!

JB400

Quote from: Fred on September 15, 2013, 12:27:09 AM
Hey now WS, he has to spend six hours researching his post to get it to sound intellectual.  Show some appreciation. ;)

So sorry :eek2:   He may have to go ask a neighbor what we are talking about :icon_smile_wink:

I tend to agree.  I'm sure I could ...........

Is that better?

ws23rt

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 12:28:31 AM
Hey now WS, he has to spend six hours researching his post to get it to sound intellectual.  Show some appreciation. ;)

So sorry :eek2:   He may have to go ask a neighbor what we are talking about :icon_smile_wink:

Is that better?

I'd say we have learned a lot from him.   However that new knowledge will lead us nowhere in life.

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 12:31:36 AM

Is that better?

I'd say we have learned a lot from him.   However that new knowledge will lead us nowhere in life.

How very astute!  :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Is that better?

You've excelled yourself!  :2thumbs:

ws23rt

He does seem to be an educated man.   But I wonder if that translates to employable?

We of course don't know what he does for a living but an instinct tells me he moves from job to job :shruggy:

If he were to be looking he has a new list of personal references.  I for one would be willing help out a prospective employer take care of their business.

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 01:37:43 AM

He does seem to be an educated man.   But I wonder if that translates to employable?

We of course don't know what he does for a living but an instinct tells me he moves from job to job :shruggy:

If he were to be looking he has a new list of personal references.  I for one would be willing help out a prospective employer take care of their business.

Generally speaking, if I were an employer, education although necessary and extremely useful means very little to me if character is lacking.

bill440rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 14, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on September 14, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Jeez, 6 pages of this drivel already??

And you just added to it; not with anything relevant mind you, but rather just to complain; apparently due to the great distress you are experiencing on account of this thread being forced upon your sensitive eyes and delicate constitution. I wish you a speedy recovery from this traumatic experience.

No complaint. No distress. Just an observation.
This is truly hilarious.
I'll go back to lurking now.
Please continue.
:popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

CairnsGeneral

Ok, my turn again.

Hi Maximillion, I'd like to touch on this one again, and lets see how you worm your way out of it. This of course being my original argument.

QuoteIt "is first and foremost recognizable as a laughably bad attempt at a 'General Lee', even by people that don't really know cars" because it is ... the wrong model/bodystyle of car. That part is obvious to most people. The door numbers being wrong (which was the point of my original post) is not obvious to most people. Transplant those exact door numbers to an orange '69 Charger and most people wouldn't notice anything wrong with it.

Ok I will simplify this as much as possible for you.

1. My argument was and still is, that you were stating the obvious, regardless of which of the two details you were criticizing. The model or the 01.

2. I see a lot of "most peoples". This is a forum for dodge charger owners and enthusiasts.....we are not "most people".....you see where im going with this?
that said, "most people" wont be seeing the picture of the car or your criticisms of it....only us.

3. We are all extremely familiar with the details, of which a 1969 Dodge Charger requires to enable it to "pass" as an acceptable, let alone accurate GL replica. We all know that Lee 1 was distinguishable upon its rediscovery, by the WB printed tag beside the VIN plate & the little yellow LA Southwest Collage parking permit sticker. ( My GL has this too ) :rofl:

We all know that many 68 Chargers we used and topped and tailed. We know some early Lees had black interiors until the change to the tan interiors. We all know that if tan wasn't available, the car guys on set would paint them tan. Radio shack antennas were used (two types) We all know that Warner Bros screen cars used 14" AR Racing vectors not 15"s. We are all well versed in the rediscovery and restorations of Lee1 & Lee 2. We are all aware that the GL decals need to be placed with reference to specific measurements on the car, I could go on and on.

Fact 1.....You were stating your opinions to us, not "most people".  Fact 2.....The details of the make up of a correct GL are more than familiar to us.

Therefore........You were stating the obvious, to us.

Now where is that ability you told me you had to accept that you are wrong ? Because you are in this case.

Oh and btw, You said earlier you couldn't recall the guy's name who found Lee 1 ? There were two guys actually, Gary Schneider and Travis Bell.

TUFCAT

How about this one?

MaximRecoil

Quote from: CairnsGeneral on September 15, 2013, 07:17:59 AM
Ok, my turn again.

Hi Maximillion, I'd like to touch on this one again, and lets see how you worm your way out of it. This of course being my original argument.

I never have to "worm my way out of" anything. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that hasn't happened on this thread.

QuoteOk I will simplify this as much as possible for you.

More comical irony.

Quote1. My argument was and still is, that you were stating the obvious, regardless of which of the two details you were criticizing. The model or the 01.

2. I see a lot of "most peoples". This is a forum for dodge charger owners and enthusiasts.....we are not "most people".....you see where im going with this?
that said, "most people" wont be seeing the picture of the car or your criticisms of it....only us.

3. We are all extremely familiar with the details, of which a 1969 Dodge Charger requires to enable it to "pass" as an acceptable, let alone accurate GL replica. We all know that Lee 1 was distinguishable upon its rediscovery, by the WB printed tag beside the VIN plate & the little yellow LA Southwest Collage parking permit sticker. ( My GL has this too ) :rofl:

We all know that many 68 Chargers we used and topped and tailed. We know some early Lees had black interiors until the change to the tan interiors. We all know that if tan wasn't available, the car guys on set would paint them tan. Radio shack antennas were used (two types) We all know that Warner Bros screen cars used 14" AR Racing vectors not 15"s. We are all well versed in the rediscovery and restorations of Lee1 & Lee 2. We are all aware that the GL decals need to be placed with reference to specific measurements on the car, I could go on and on.

Fact 1.....You were stating your opinions to us, not "most people".  Fact 2.....The details of the make up of a correct GL are more than familiar to us.

No, this is not a Dukes of Hazzard and/or General Lee forum, and it doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with a car from a TV show that was canceled 28 years ago.

Most people who actually make/own General Lee replicas got the door numbers wrong, until somewhat recently with the availability of premade stickers, and they can more safely be assumed to be fans of the General Lee than can members of a Dodge Charger forum. Given that most people who like the General Lee enough to own/make a replica of it can't even get the numbers right, it is obvious that inaccurate door numbers are far from "obviously inaccurate" to most people.

I like how you say "we" as if you have been elected as the DodgeCharger.com Forum Spokesman, by the way. I can assure you, you have not.

Also, there was never a Warner Brothers General Lee with a black interior, at least not one that was ever shown onscreen. And 14" and 15" Vectors, both American Racing and Shelby, were variously used (sometimes 14" on the front and 15" on the back), and 7" and 8.5" widths were variously used as well (usually 7").

You say that "Lee 2" has been found and restored? Citation needed.

QuoteNow where is that ability you told me you had to accept that you are wrong ? Because you are in this case.

Except, I'm not wrong. See above.

QuoteOh and btw, You said earlier you couldn't recall the guy's name who found Lee 1 ? There were two guys actually, Gary Schneider and Travis Bell.

I said no such thing. I didn't say anything at all about the people who found the car, I only mentioned whoever rebodied it. And yes, I know how to use Google if I actually cared about the names of the people who did it, which I don't, because aside from the windshield, firewall, and some minor bits and pieces, that car is no longer "Lee 1"; it is merely a very good replica.

CairnsGeneral

All you have done is a massive side step to my actual argument. except for,

QuoteNo, this is not a Dukes of Hazzard and/or General Lee forum, and it doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with a car from a TV show that was canceled 28 years ago.

I never said it was a Dukes forum...You just did.

I actually said this,

QuoteThis is a forum for dodge charger owners and enthusiasts.....we are not "most people".....

Can you even read properly ?

Quoteit doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with a car from a TV show that was canceled 28 years ago.

Translated is....."it doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with arguably the most famous "B-body (69) Dodge charger" ?

Are you serious ? You do realize you just wrote that dont you ? How can they not be familiar with it, if its the most famous version of the car they own/like?

Quotea car from a TV show that was canceled 28 years ago.

Are you saying because the show was cancelled 28 years ago, that B-body enthusiasts would no longer be familiar with it ? Yes thats exactly what you are stating ! You're caught out again, attempting to save face by avoiding the fact that you are wrong.

QuoteI like how you say "we" as if you have been elected as the DodgeCharger.com Forum Spokesman, by the way. I can assure you, you have not.
Irrelevant, dismissed. I was referring to we, as in, yourself, myself every other person on this thread that is against you. (That's all of them btw)

QuoteI never have to "worm my way out of" anything. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that hasn't happened on this thread.

"Worm your way out" means trying to avoid admission of any wrongdoing..........This is still what you are doing.

QuoteFact 1.....You were stating your opinions to us, not "most people".  Fact 2.....The details of the make up of a correct GL are more than familiar to us.

Case closed.

Back N Black

I'm thinking that MaximRecoil lives in his mother's basement and is socially retarded.

ws23rt

He has a need to be correct that is almost clinical OCD.

They somehow believe that those they are correcting will finally succumb and perhaps agree. :shruggy:  There is a block in their thinking that makes it seem possible. So to keep at it is the only thing there is to do.

He will and has side stepped pointed questions.  The most common side step is to dismiss what he won't answer.

To pick and chose the replys the way he does makes it look as if he never is wrong. But if the omissions were included and answered we would see a very different picture. :Twocents:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: CairnsGeneral on September 15, 2013, 07:16:52 PM
All you have done is a massive side step to my actual argument. except for,

No, I refuted your "argument", which consisted of the idea that most people on a B-body Charger forum are especially likely to be experts on the "General Lee", which is utterly absurd.

QuoteNo, this is not a Dukes of Hazzard and/or General Lee forum, and it doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with a car from a TV show that was canceled 28 years ago.

I never said it was a Dukes forum...You just did.

No, I said it "this is not a Dukes of Hazzard and/or General Lee forum". Does the bolding help? I said this to illustrate the absurdity of your notion that most people on a B-body Charger forum are especially likely to be experts on the "General Lee". Your "argument" would have some merit if this were a Dukes of Hazzard and/or General Lee forum, but it is not, thus your "argument" has no merit.

QuoteI actually said this,

QuoteThis is a forum for dodge charger owners and enthusiasts.....we are not "most people".....

Can you even read properly ?

More comical irony. See above.

QuoteTranslated is....."it doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with arguably the most famous "B-body (69) Dodge charger" ?

Your "translation" is dismissed. My text needs no translation; it is written in standard American English.

QuoteAre you serious ? You do realize you just wrote that dont you ? How can they not be familiar with it, if its the most famous version of the car they own/like?

Your straw man (which I colored red) is dismissed. I said:

"it doesn't logically follow that most members of a B-body ('66 to '78) Dodge Charger forum are especially likely to be extremely familiar with a car from a TV show that was canceled 28 years ago."

Again, does the bolding help? Being familiar with something because you remember seeing it a lot on TV, and being extremely familiar with something, are not the same thing. The average Joe is likely to recognize a "General Lee". The average Joe is not likely to notice if the weight of the typeface is too light, or if the corner angles are off by 10 degrees. Get it?

QuoteAre you saying because the show was cancelled 28 years ago, that B-body enthusiasts would no longer be familiar with it ? Yes thats exactly what you are stating ! You're caught out again, attempting to save face by avoiding the fact that you are wrong.

Your straw man is dismissed again. See above. I suggest you attend a remedial English class, and pay special attention to when they teach about how certain words, i.e., adjectives and adverbs, modify other words, then you may understand the difference between "familiar" and "extremely familiar".

QuoteI like how you say "we" as if you have been elected as the DodgeCharger.com Forum Spokesman, by the way. I can assure you, you have not.
Irrelevant, dismissed.

1. You don't get to redefine the word "irrelevant".
2. Monkey see, monkey do.

Your attempted "monkey see, monkey do" dismissal is negated by your false premise, i.e., the false claim of irrelevance, it is therefore dismissed.

QuoteI was referring to we, as in, yourself, myself every other person on this thread that is against you. (That's all of them btw)

I know what the word "we" means, and I know what "we" in combination with "all" means. You haven't been elected to speak for anyone else on this forum, much less everyone else. And the especially comical thing about it is: some of your "We all know ..." statements were followed by false claims; it would be like if you had said, "We all know that two plus two equals five."

Quote"Worm your way out" means trying to avoid admission of any wrongdoing..........

I'll repeat:

I never have to "worm my way out of" anything. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that hasn't happened on this thread.

QuoteThis is still what you are doing.

False. You haven't established any such thing.

QuoteFact 1.....You were stating your opinions to us, not "most people".

There is nothing inherent to this forum which suggests that most people here would notice anything wrong with those numbers without a side-by-side comparison with an actual General Lee. That's because most people on this forum are not General Lee experts, which isn't surprising, given that this is not a General Lee forum.

QuoteFact 2.....The details of the make up of a correct GL are more than familiar to us.

No, that is not a fact, and once again, you haven't been elected to speak for everyone on this forum.

QuoteTherefore........You were stating the obvious, to us.

Negated, due to your false premises (see above), therefore dismissed.

QuoteCase closed.

Few things on the internet are more amusing than "error with confidence".

By the way, since you are clearly oblivious to a great many things, I'll point out that a significant number of members here don't even like the "General Lee", nor do they like seeing Chargers "ruined" by being turned into "General Lee" replicas. There is also a significant number of members here who are indifferent to the "General Lee". This is a far cry from your delusion of this forum being comprised mostly of General Lee experts who can automatically spot an incorrect angle on a number or an incorrect weight (actually you think everyone here is a General Lee expert, judging from your "We all know ..." statements, which is even more comical).

Quote from: Back N Black on September 15, 2013, 07:48:14 PM
I'm thinking that MaximRecoil lives in his mother's basement and is socially retarded.

Quote from: CairnsGeneral on September 15, 2013, 08:09:52 PM
Ha ha ha  :rofl:

Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

They somehow believe that those they are correcting will finally succumb and perhaps agree. :shruggy:  There is a block in their thinking that makes it seem possible. So to keep at it is the only thing there is to do.

He will and has side stepped pointed questions.  The most common side step is to dismiss what he won't answer.

To pick and chose the replys the way he does makes it look as if he never is wrong. But if the omissions were included and answered we would see a very different picture. :Twocents:

*Ching*
*Ching*

Fred

If that is indeed true, frustration must have set in a long time ago (at least where I'm concerned) as there's no way in the world I will succumb to anything less than my Mrs.

Besides, succumbing to one persons way of thinking would be paramount to "monkey see, monkey do"  and no one's making a monkey out of me!   :icon_smile_big:

MaximRecoil

Your laughable attempt at a crystal ball reading, along with your equally laughable armchair psychoanalysis, is dismissed.

QuoteThey somehow believe that those they are correcting will finally succumb and perhaps agree. :shruggy:  There is a block in their thinking that makes it seem possible. So to keep at it is the only thing there is to do.

Another utterly absurd "observation" from Captain Non Sequitur. Arguing is entertaining, it is akin to a game of strategy like chess or checkers. If people agreed, the argument/entertainment/game is over. The "win" can be objectively determined anyway; people "agreeing" is superfluous.

QuoteHe will and has side stepped pointed questions.  The most common side step is to dismiss what he won't answer.

I don't sidestep any valid question, and anything invalid can logically be dismissed. Since I've explained this several times now, and you still don't get it, your learning disability is noted.

QuoteTo pick and chose the replys the way he does makes it look as if he never is wrong. But if the omissions were included and answered we would see a very different picture. :Twocents:

Already refuted, thus dismissed. See above.

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on September 15, 2013, 08:25:04 PM

If that is indeed true, frustration must have set in a long time ago (at least where I'm concerned) as there's no way in the world I will succumb to anything less than my Mrs.

Besides, succumbing to one persons way of thinking would be paramount to "monkey see, monkey do"  and no one's making a monkey out of me!   :icon_smile_big:

To succumb to the absurd goes against a natural instinct. With torture it is possible but recovery will happen in time. (maybe accept in marriage? :lol:)

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 08:39:31 PM

Besides, succumbing to one persons way of thinking would be paramount to "monkey see, monkey do"  and no one's making a monkey out of me!   :icon_smile_big:

To succumb to the absurd goes against a natural instinct. With torture it is possible but recovery will happen in time. (maybe accept in marriage? :lol:)

After 39 years of brain washing...........I've won!  :icon_smile_big:
Mrs. Fred

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on September 15, 2013, 08:45:35 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 08:39:31 PM

Besides, succumbing to one persons way of thinking would be paramount to "monkey see, monkey do"  and no one's making a monkey out of me!   :icon_smile_big:

After 39 years of brain washing...........I've won!  :icon_smile_big:
Mrs. Fred

Good for you both :2thumbs:

ws23rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 15, 2013, 08:35:49 PM

Your laughable attempt at a crystal ball reading, along with your equally laughable armchair psychoanalysis, is dismissed.

QuoteThey somehow believe that those they are correcting will finally succumb and perhaps agree. :shruggy:  There is a block in their thinking that makes it seem possible. So to keep at it is the only thing there is to do.

Another utterly absurd "observation" from Captain Non Sequitur. Arguing is entertaining, it is akin to a game of strategy like chess or checkers. If people agreed, the argument/entertainment/game is over. The "win" can be objectively determined anyway; people "agreeing" is superfluous.

QuoteHe will and has side stepped pointed questions.  The most common side step is to dismiss what he won't answer.

I don't sidestep any valid question, and anything invalid can logically be dismissed. Since I've explained this several times now, and you still don't get it, your learning disability is noted.

QuoteTo pick and chose the replys the way he does makes it look as if he never is wrong. But if the omissions were included and answered we would see a very different picture. :Twocents:

Already refuted, thus dismissed. See above.

BTW Maxim  I do have a Doctorate in psychology in my pocket.
You tend to make judgments about people as we all do but when you make statements about their ability to grasp things. You are taking a big leap and leaving your self open for a wreck.

A383Wing