News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Don't Even Bother Asking"

Started by Dave Kanofsky, September 06, 2013, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

A friend of my Mother-in-law's in NY state (near Baldwinsville, NY) just relayed this story...

"There is a Superbird parked about a mile away from me, pulled out of a barn, needs restoration but driveable. 

Sign on the windshield, "NOT FOR SALE". 

Another sign on the front door of the house, "Don't Even Bother Asking".  "

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :2thumbs:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

StoneCold

1966hemi

We have to see a picture of that...

F6Bee

I was just in Baldwinsville last night visiting my friend.  You see my college buddy lives there, and I have seen that car for years.  I stopped by in the spring and talked to the Mrs., nice enough. Yep, sitting on the front lawn for years, Joe Dirt special.  Painted purple.  I drove by for years thinking it was a clone, lol.

1970Moparmann

Did I tell everyone I'm moving out of IL to Atlanta?  :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TheAutoArchaeologist

That's pretty cool!  They still are out there.

Ryan

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BS27R1B

That bird has been known by locals for years.
Every once in a while the guy gets lonely and rolls it out to get a reaction.
Yes it is cool but the guy is obviously a loser.
Almost as bad as the guy with a trophy wife who likes to catch other guys taking a peak. :nana:
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

held1823

i'm a little slow, so could you enlighten me as to what makes the guy an "obvious loser"?

seems to me he owns a real superbird; i'd equate that to winning...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hawkeye

The guy just wants attention.  If I had a car that valuable, it would be in a garage covered up.

DAY CLONA

Quotei'd equate that to winning...

Is that in a "Charlie Sheen" kinda way? :D

held1823

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 07, 2013, 09:54:36 AM
Quotei'd equate that to winning...

Is that in a "Charlie Sheen" kinda way? :D

since money does seem to be the primary concern of some here, i'd say that yes, charlie is indeed winning.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hotrod98

I wouldn't mind having Charlie's money. People are always telling me that money doesn't buy happiness. Well, I guess they just don't shop where I shop.
Right now I'm looking for a restorable Daytona at a decent price. I think there's still a chance at finding something that I can afford. They're still out there. I just bought a solid matching numbers B5 blue 70 Roadrunner this week for cheap. So, there's a few bargains left to be had.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

petercharger

Everything is for sale....5 years  ago ...saw a 68 r/t charger under a car cover...walked up to the door ..knocked ...guy said he would never sell it...no way in he!! He sais..gave him my number and said if he changes his mind call me...about 2 months go buy...I drive by...no car...maybe back in his garage.....knock on door...asked if car is around.  ...said he sold it because he wanted a fat boy Harley....asked what he got for it...I told him would have given a grand more...story is ..everything is for sale eventually..... :brickwall:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Mike DC

Quoteguy said he sold the '68 Charger RT because he wanted a fat boy Harley . . .

bull

Don't ask, just keep your mouth shut and hold up a giant wad of cash when they answer the door.

richRTSE

QuotePeople are always telling me that money doesn't buy happiness. Well, I guess they just don't shop where I shop.

:haha:

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 07, 2013, 10:54:54 AM
I wouldn't mind having Charlie's money. People are always telling me that money doesn't buy happiness. Well, I guess they just don't shop where I shop.

I'm a fan of 'people tell me money can't buy happiness.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to give it a try.'

Ghoste

If it doesn't buy happiness it at least rents a lot of great times.

Mike DC

"Money won't make you happy."

Yeah, and neither will breathing oxygen.  But don't start telling me I can be happy without it.

69finder

Quote from: hawkeye on September 07, 2013, 09:31:32 AM
The guy just wants attention.  If I had a car that valuable, it would be in a garage covered up.

Actually keeping it covered up would equate to being a loser.  These are cars, they can be outside.  Maybe he was fixing it up?  

And if it doesn't run, doesn't really make much sense to keep it covered up?  His car, he can do what he wants with it.  The commentary on his personality because of what he does with his possessions is pretty lame.

hemi68charger

I ran into a similar situation with a red Daytona in Arlington, Texas. That's between Ft. Worth and Dallas. Allen V. knows exactly which one I'm talking about. Little note on the driver's window with the nose missing ( but the owner, apparently had, a complete nose along with the original - I believe )....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

That was the Tim Ecord daytona he used to live in Houston TX car was at the Chimney Rock apartments for years wearing a fiberglass nose.He moved to Arlington.He had a NOS Nose Package deal 10K.Ecord later sold it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701