News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bumpers - Thank you Tri City

Started by BY RSCO, August 25, 2013, 05:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BY RSCO

One of the things that I enjoy about this forum is all of the passing around of knowledge, parts sources, etc. I received my bumpers for the 69 last week from Tri City Plating in Elizabethtown, TN and I will say that these folks are tops! I know that some of you here have used them as well, but I simply wanted to mention again for anyone looking especially for bumpers for our cars - this is the place to go.

1974dodgecharger

NHCharger

Yup. I have Tri-City bumpers on all three Chargers.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NJRBros

Definitely one of the best bumper guys around! We got the bumpers on our Newport rechromed about 2 years ago and picked them up at Carlisle. We drive the car a lot and the bumpers have seen plenty of rain (sadly) but they still look like the day we picked them up.  :2thumbs:

Dmichels

:2thumbs:
I used them as well Called them up before Carslie so they could bring a set for me. Saved a ton on shipping doing it that way. The work was top notch and the price was good as well
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

4cruzin

Did you have to send them the cores?   :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

charger_fan_4ever

I have got a price for them without a core.

Being in Canada this is the best thing to do pay extra and not have to pay shipping on the original.

BY RSCO

Quote from: 4cruzin on August 26, 2013, 10:37:06 AM
Did you have to send them the cores?   :shruggy:

I did not send cores - my rear bumper is pretty bad, front is decent but I chose to keep it in case someone (or me) needed it later - core charge was $50 per bumper which is not bad (epecially when you count shipping them out and all) - 2 new bumpers (originals at that) with Bumperettes was just a tick over $1100 shipped to me  - I simply could not justify buying reproduction after a price like that. Now who is to say what availability and price will be like in the future, but that is why I jumped on it now. To boot, they are simply great to deal with.

John L

After seeing this post I sent Tri City an email at 7:30 AM on Wed. Had a response to my email by 8:30 AM. Called them up and ordered new front and rear bumpers plus rear bumperettes. Packages arrived today and they look great.Could not be more pleased. Much better than the AMD units I had looked at.

Thanks RSCO 

BY RSCO

Quote from: John L on September 03, 2013, 04:32:33 PM
After seeing this post I sent Tri City an email at 7:30 AM on Wed. Had a response to my email by 8:30 AM. Called them up and ordered new front and rear bumpers plus rear bumperettes. Packages arrived today and they look great.Could not be more pleased. Much better than the AMD units I had looked at.

Thanks RSCO 

GREAT! glad to hear it. I was very happy to pass that along. That is what makes this community of folks here so good. Nice to share both good & bad experiences so maybe all of us can have a better build in the end.  :2thumbs:

BY RSCO

Not the best pictures, but here are some of one of the bumpers - all parts looked equally as good. Anything in the picture that appears to be small scratches on the bumper are left over fibers from the wrap/padding that they shipped them in.

1974dodgecharger

Wow your right those are better than amd bumpers.......

BY RSCO

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 04, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
Wow your right those are better than amd bumpers.......

And honestly, the pictures do not do them 100% justice. I am very picky, and I am super happy with them! (for what thats worth)..

John L

Here is the breakdown on my bill, this is for a 70 Charger:

Front: $390.00
Core: $135.00
Rear: $325.00
Core: $50.00
Rear bumperettes: $45.00 ea.= $90.00
Core: $20.00
Shipping: $80.00
Total: $1090.00

I live in MI, RSCO lives in Canada. I'm going to hang onto my front bumper, may sell the rear someday. It cost me more this way but the AMD units I looked at were in my opinion not worth it. Could also recoup some money if I decided to sell both of my old front and rear bumpers. All of this was in stock the day I ordered them total time was 4 days from order to arrival.

Patronus

For those of you who ordered new bumpers, were you able to get them "pinned?" (having the bumper bolts welded on and then cut-off)
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

John L

Quote from: Patronus on September 06, 2013, 06:35:52 PM
For those of you who ordered new bumpers, were you able to get them "pinned?" (having the bumper bolts welded on and then cut-off)
I did not ask, give them a call and see if they do.