News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This may be a dumb question, BUT........

Started by Crazy Larry, February 28, 2006, 09:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Larry

Is there a 1968 Dodge Charger Registry?

I've seen a 1966-67 one, and also the 1970 one...any others that I might have missed?

Crazy Larry

"Coming soon"  :o

....but its a start - thanks!

I didn't know that 1968 was the only year the ash try flipped down. cool.

tipopiola

Its been "coming soon" for a long time now.  I guess I don't feel really motivated to send them my numbers seeing as how they haven't put the site together yet.  It looks like they want you to send a bunch of pic of your cars, but they still haven't posted any of them to be seen by others.  I've had it bookmarked for quite a few months now and check it periodically for updates, but still looks like it did last year.  It would be nice to have something like the 69' or 70' registry with pics and info.  Tipopiola

Mopar440+6

If I remember correctly CB and or JimShine were putting it together. So it is guys from this site, gotta give em the benefit of the doubt...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

tipopiola

I knew that someone here had started it a while ago and I just spent a couple minutes back on the 68 registry and there is some good info.  I like the way the fender tag decoder is set up and there are some good points about some of the "1968 only" options that I didn't know anything about.  It also looks like theres a couple pics that I hadn't seen before.  It would be nice to see it take off like some of the other registries that  have been started around here.  Tipopiola

jaak

Quote from: Crazy Larry on February 28, 2006, 09:55:32 PM
"Coming soon" :o

....but its a start - thanks!

I didn't know that 1968 was the only year the ash try flipped down. cool.

My 69 flips down, but it was built 9-9-68, it also had the 68 knob on the floor shifter, and black door handle buttons...... Gee you learn something new everyday, does anyone have a pic of a 69 ashtray opened???

Jason

tipopiola

I just went back again to look at the pics that I hadn't seen before and the links to the pics of the registered cars don't work :-[ .  Call me old fashioned, but I won't send my personal info along with my cars' numbers to someone I don't know just because they start a website.  Everyone and their mom has started a website.  If it was a proffessional looking, functioning website that saw some progress and updates every once in while then I would gladly consider sending some info on my cars and myself.  Tipopiola

Crazy Larry

I'm standing by with my numbers and pics - maybe they'll see this thread and give us an update on the status?

Yes, I do agree the '70 registry is pretty cool - especially section for 70 Dodge advertisments.

Big Lebowski

There's alot of '68 Chargers so there's more '68 owners right? The '68 registry will be a big site when it opens.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Sinister68

The fender tag decoder doesn't appear to be complete.  :-\
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Troy

We do have a handy dandy search...

This post and the next few are beneficial:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7776.msg93160.html#msg93160

I am helping Jim get the data under control because registy information can get real unwieldy in a hurry. I commend anyone who wants to take on the task of running a registry because it's a PAIN. Sure anyone can start a web site but that doesn't mean the information isn't valuable just because they didn't hire a million dollar design firm to make it look pretty (ie. look at this site). Everyone has to start somewhere.

On the other hand, I haven't sent information to anyone about my 4 cars because the Charger Registry is pretty much unresponsive (yes, I know Wayne is busy but so am I) and I know the 68 registry needs help. I'll stick my information in there when I work on the data though... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.