News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Complete Window Trim

Started by hollywood1336, September 05, 2013, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood1336

I'm trying to determine what is chrome plated and what isn't for all the trim around the windows and vinyl on the roof, even the wheel well trim. I have been told that some of it is stainless steel but it must be a lower grade stainless as it is magnetic. I'm wanting to know if some of the trim can be polished verses rechromed. I agree with some of the posts I have read, trying to get decent chrome work done is near impossible and in California almost non existent. I have a 68 Charger and the trim is mostly perfect except dull. I can see the little vent window trim is chrome which a little light brillo pad action made look like new. What can be polished?
Thanks for any help.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hollywood1336