News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Backing out on a sale

Started by young99, July 19, 2013, 08:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: NGC414 on August 30, 2013, 10:37:29 AM
I was going to look at his 65 mustang convertible. Thats what the neighbor got before I made it back. I later found out the guy also had a 2 door 57 chevy belair no post tucked away in his barn... Which is now sitting in my garage  :coolgleamA:
You gotta love a 57 Bel Air 2 dr HT, Iconic car  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Benji

About 8 years ago I had a 1970 442 for sale for $1000.00. The car was a numbers matching real 442 with a 455 that didn't run very well. The entire body was rusted off the frame. I'm not sure what was holding it together.  I get a call from a 16 year old whose dad had owned a 1970 442 and he said his patents were divorced and dad lived 75 miles away he would try and help him restore it.  We made the deal over the phone for $1000.00 and he was to show up Saturday with the cash and a trailer.  On Wednesday another guy calls and offers me $1200.00 for it. I told him about the rust and he said he only wanted the VIN and engine/tranny as he had a beautiful Cutlass body without an engine or transmission and he wanted to make a 442 out of it.  I call the first guy back and attempt to talk him out of the deal but he said he WILL take it.  Saturday rolls around and him and his dad show up and dad starts inspecting the car.  He comments on the rust and the bad upholstery and the cracked winshield and the missing spare and the missing jack and so forth and so on and then he offers me $800.00!  :brickwall:  I told him I have a guy who will give me $1200.00 for it sight unseen and I produce his phone number on a slip of paper.  So he grumbles a bit and then pulls out $1000.00 and we load it up on his trailer, so I gave him the paper and told him he could make a quick $200.00 by calling this guy.  Six months later the kid calls and tells me he sold the engine for $500.00!!!  I said you screwed up big time.  The numbers matching body and engine/tranny was worth at least $1200.00 as a unit, but the body alone was worth about $100.00 in scrap.  A couple weeks later he calls again and says the neighbors complained to the city about a junk can sitting outdoors without an engine and gave him one week to either get rid of it or move it inside.  I still don't know what he wanted me to do about it.

Benji

6spd68

The post above ^^^   :rofl: Stooooopid PPL shouldn't buy old cars...
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Cooter

Funny, I just had a guy call me about the GL. Starts off with "I'm getting thr money together to buy your ride. All I need is the VIN number"...

I told him i sold it cause he sounded to me to be fishy. Wtf goes to the bank and tries to get a loan on an older car???

You take out a home equity loan and psy cash. Wtf????
All this 5 months after I pulled it off craigs list????

Something stinks in Denmark....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

NGC414

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 30, 2013, 01:07:43 PM
Hmmm, maybe he knew it was you ? Or did you buy the Chevy after the Mustang deal went bad ?
I bought the chevy after the Mustang deal went bad. He felt bad I think and called me while I was driving home and mentioned he also had the chevy.

67Charger440

VERY frustrating.  I recently had a party respond to my WTB ad with a vehicle and a price.  We communicated with pictures and descriptions, I offered a deposit, l never even tried to get him to drop his offer price.  I spent 4 days getting shiping arranged, calling in favors from friends in the area to get it moved within driving distance form me, ultimately setting up a deal with a national car hauling company to get it to me.  Then the line goes dead.  No response for 2 days to my requests for phone number and more specific area to give to the shipper, and also to get the money transfered.  Nothing.  Finally, a short message: "Changed my mind.  Cant Sell it. Keeping it."   :flame:  Why did YOU respond to MY ad?  I know the car had been offered to others in the past and they didn't take it.