News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger VIN #

Started by 4404spd, September 04, 2013, 08:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4404spd

my neighbor is restoring a 69 Charger that originally was a 4 speed car. There is nothing but the shell, but the last 6 digits of the  vin are on the rad support and rear 1/4 lip .. The number is 340697. Unfortunately the dash vin was stolen at some time in the past. Is there any way to find out if the vin is being used on another car ? went to registries here in Alberta Canada and they want the whole number not partials vins.   
Maybe a chance the car is registered on here ...

Brock Lee

Well, the only way I know involves the police running a VIN trace. I am not aware of any comprehensive databases that are public for searching VIN's.

Ghoste

I'll check the 69 registry later but it isn't on this hard drive.

Dino

By knowing year and options you can easily reconstruct the entire VIN but you'll want to make two, one built in St. Louis and one built in Hamtramck.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

I would think the first set of digits could be figured out by the data tag....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparfan53

You say it is an original 4 spd car, so if you want to search by the complete vin, there are only 4 possible vins (assuming I am correct that only 2 plants built '69 Chargers). You could check all 4 vins at the registries that want a complete vin.

440 engine;
XS29L9B340697 - Hamtramck built
XS29L9G340697 - St. Louis built

383 engine;
XP29H9B340697 - Hamtramck built
XP29H9G340697 - St. Louis built

EDIT; there are actually 6 possible vins. I did not include the hemi engines as caught by A383WING below. :cheers:

A383Wing

moparfan53

Quote from: A383Wing on September 06, 2013, 10:33:45 PM
what about the 426??
Good point! :2thumbs: How could I forget the Hemi? :brickwall:  Although with only 207 being built, the odds are slim. ;D

XS29J9B340697
XS29J9G340697

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2013, 01:26:52 PM
I'll check the 69 registry later but it isn't on this hard drive.

XS29L9B340697 is indeed in the Registry.....

Last known location was in Alberta, Canada in March of 2006

B5 Blue exterior with W1 White interior, Top & Stripe

I also have tag pic as well as previous owner info.....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

If that is the car then excuse me while I wipe a tear.  Only the shell is left... :cryin:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charge69

The dash tag and fender tag might be on the B5 blue car today and still registered.  Check with the authorities to see if the VIN is being used on this car. Possibility it was used to re-body.  It is hard to believe that Charger on the trailer is now in pieces being restored in someone's garage with the fender and dash tags stolen.  It is possible, I guess but ... what happened to that poor Charger?

rave_12000

easy start...check firewall.  most 69 chargers were ac cars.  pretty blue one is non ac.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: rave_12000 on September 07, 2013, 09:46:17 AM
easy start...check firewall.  most 69 chargers were ac cars.  pretty blue one is non ac.

They were?  LOL

No R/T cars with 4-speeds & AC  :nono:

PS---those are the largest pics of engine compt I have....the rad support stamping is visible.....anyone with photo skills can blow it up to see it?  :scratchchin:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dans 68

I enlarged it, and can make out part of the partial vin. It looks like a "4" and a "7" where you'd expect them to be if the "340697" stamping was there.
could be the same vin.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

375instroke

Am I missing something?  The plant code and year is also stamped on the radiator support and trunk lip, right?