News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt restoration

Started by mopar4don, September 01, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

That is very time-consuming work, great job!
Pat

mopar4don

Quote from: Stevearino on August 01, 2014, 07:18:21 PM
Those are some complicated little booger pieces you are re making there. They take a lot of time and care but they are looking great. :2thumbs:
Yes you are right, they took more time than I want to admit.  ;D

Baldwinvette77

I love it, Cant wait to see it actually come together  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

green69rt

Quote from: mopar4don on August 01, 2014, 07:50:33 PM
Quote from: Stevearino on August 01, 2014, 07:18:21 PM
Those are some complicated little booger pieces you are re making there. They take a lot of time and care but they are looking great. :2thumbs:
Yes you are right, they took more time than I want to admit.  ;D

Yeah, but it's make them yourself or buy them off a donor.  Either way it's time and money!!  Looking great!!

mopar4don

Moving on to the next patch.............

mopar4don

It worked so well on the last patch I used the old metal as a template to bend the new metal to.

mopar4don

Next i added the triangle shaped piece (which was at a higher level)
Basically what I did was I shimmed it with a scrap piece, lined everything up and clamped it down to a piece of flat stock, then welded it up!

mopar4don

Ok this patch is close, so I went back and patched in that channel area. Not sure what it's for? Maybe to channel any water that gets in and give it a clear path were it will dump into the trunk?  :scratchchin:

mopar4don

Alright here are the rest of the pics showing me getting all of the patches put together.
The grey paint is duplicolor weld threw primer. And I must say I am not impressed! When I welded with this stuff on, I kept getting thick plumes of smoke kinda like when you light a torch with no air pressure and you get that weird looking plume of soot floating around. Oh well I did change to something different that seems to work very well. More of that in the future!

mopar4don

more pics

hemi-hampton

Some Advise, A Shrinker Strecher machine would help you greatly, check into it. LEON.

mopar4don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 16, 2014, 09:28:20 PM
Some Advise, A Shrinker Strecher machine would help you greatly, check into it. LEON.
Thanks Leon,
It's on the list, as I am keeping my eye open for one.

hemi-hampton

I think Eastwood may sell affordable ones. LEON.

Pat1973charger

Some really amazing work you are doing there! The left side corner piece of my chargers rear window frame is completly gone so your pics will come in handy!

hemi-hampton

Stevearino

This car is at a more advanced stage on this thread .http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?51122-Don-s-1969-Charger-Restoration/page15 . I go over there every now an then to check up on the progress.

hemi-hampton

gers1968rt

I am sure he will be back, he just posted some new stuff on the forbbodiesonly recently.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

mopar4don

Sorry guys. I am still around. Just busy! busy! busy!
I will usually post 1st over at FBBO.com, then download there pics back to my computer, then upload back to DC.com
To me, there site is much easier to work with.
I feel like I owe you guys an explanation....... So Please don't take this wrong, I AM NOT COMPLAINING! This just works better for me.
And yes I need to update this thread!
I'm pretty swamped for the next week or so, but after that I will get this updated.
I value all of your opinions and the guys over at FBBO.com

Pat1973charger

I noticed some further progress on fbbo.com, I am not registered there. Like unsaid I'm in awe at the work you did, my 69 is far far worse. So much so that it's started to loose shape. Both of those lower window corners are completly non existent so not sure he I would even fab them, I guess I'll figure it out. Anyway again awesome work In Saving your car glad to see another saved from an untimely end

hemi-hampton

Yeah, I know posting pics on this site can be a pain in the azz & aggrevating & frustrating most of the time.  :RantExplode:

Ghoste

I find it a lot easier here than sites where I need to upload to an online host and then link my image to that.

Homerr

I just went through the FBBO thread, amazing progress!

FWIW, I like FBBO image uploader.

mopar4don

As promised Time to update.....

I decided to attack my roached A-pillars!
I have been really dreading this, but after months and months of looking at and thinking about how to fix these, I can't put it off any longer, so hang on. This is gonna be fun!

The plan is to chop the lower a-pillar section on both sides, and replace them with donors that I picked up.

mopar4don

My dilemma!
How do I cut the old pillars off (nice straight cut) and cut the donor pillars to the exact same length?
And get everything perfectly aligned?
Stay with me as I try to explain my way through this.

The pillars have notches in them, so I decided I would compare the old pillars to the donor pillars.

This pic shows the notches, one on each end of the 6.410 dimension.