News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Liter Soda Bottle Gravity Feed Trick?

Started by cudaken, August 29, 2013, 10:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

I was talking to a friend about finding someway to gravity feed Miss Lumpy (68 Road Runner) so I can use the fuel pump to empty the 8 year old gas from the gas tank. (I will use a filter on the intake side of the pump) Bob told me to use the 2 Liter Soda Bottle Gravity Feed Trick?

Bob said he saw it on Hot Rod TV. They where testing engines in a junk yard to see if they ran. Bob said they drilled a hole in the bottom of a 2 litter bottle a little smaller than the hose sizes. Forced the hose into the hole, then pulled back just a little. It should lock onto the hosed like the old Chines Finger Lock Puzzle and not leak?  :shruggy:

Anyone ever heard about this trick? Sounds like BS to me, but on the other hand? :scratchchin:

Bob is all so from the Bow Tie Camp, so maybe he is just trying to trick me into burning down my Road Runner! :lol:

Cuda Ken, wondering again!  :scratchchin:
I am back

A383Wing

don't do it...gasoline will eat right through that pop bottle. Find either a one gallon gas can or one of them marine fuel tanks....

if you use that plastic pop bottle, you may end up losing yer car, maybe yer life

2Gunz

I have a garden hose to 1/4 flex sprinkler pipe adaptor.  Same principle and doesn't leak a drop.

Gas will only eat certain types of plastic, and pop bottles are generally not the kind that melt.

I dunno if it would work... but you could always try this........  http://www.hobbypartz.com/fm23-501e-electric-fuel-pump.html?gclid=CNWQg6mIpbkCFcY1QgodwmAADQ

Whatever you do, please be careful and make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand! 

Dino

Ken go to harbor freight and buy the $6 transfer pump.  I just used it on the Charger and it works great.  I stuck one hose down the filler tube, the other in the container.  Pumped once and it emptied the entire tank.  Way cleaner and easier.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chargerguy74

Quote from: A383Wing on August 29, 2013, 10:26:14 PM
don't do it...gasoline will eat right through that pop bottle. Find either a one gallon gas can or one of them marine fuel tanks....

if you use that plastic pop bottle, you may end up losing yer car, maybe yer life

I've never seen gasoline eat through a pop bottle that fast. I've used pop bottles all the time on the farm. Is it the right way to do things....definately not. A 5 galon water jug or dixie cup will dissolve pretty fast though.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chargen69

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on September 03, 2013, 01:39:51 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on August 29, 2013, 10:26:14 PM

I've never seen gasoline eat through a pop bottle that fast. I've used pop bottles all the time on the farm. Is it the right way to do things....definately not. A 5 galon water jug or dixie cup will dissolve pretty fast though.

i agree with that, i can put up a picture of gas that has been sitting in a 16 ounce bottle for about a month

Brightyellow69rtse

gas wont eat through a soda bottle. ive used one  many many times in a pinch.

cudaken

I came up with a different system.

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/She%20Lives/GravityFeed_zpscdc3779e.mp4.html

The main body came from Advances Auto.

I am storing the 8 year old gas in Pop bottles and so far no leaks. Now I just need to find out how to get rid of 4 gallons of the nasty stuff!

Ken 
I am back