News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird sold at the HUB- in Milwaukee

Started by rob-dirt, September 05, 2013, 11:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

rob-dirt

Quote from: myk on September 16, 2013, 11:51:05 PM
How did the previous auction end?

$69,976.08 Reserve Not Met - or should i say one bid away from 70K 

pettybird

pettybird

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 17, 2013, 07:57:06 PM
Quote from: pettybird on September 17, 2013, 10:08:34 AM
hell 65 should have taken it!
still say 60  tops  :icon_smile_big:

Not going to disagree there.  Pour $60k into it and have a $100k car when done. 

70EK2Bird

Friend of mine says he saw the car a local cruise night in Morris IL last Saturday. Said it was for sale for $69K.

pettybird

Quote from: 70EK2Bird on September 18, 2013, 11:34:58 AM
Friend of mine says he saw the car a local cruise night in Morris IL last Saturday. Said it was for sale for $69K.

If they see him again ask if he'll take $69,976.08  :lol:

wingcarenvy

Ok, so I may be making a play for this one. I won't pay 70k for it. Like what was said before, its a 440 4 bbl column car that really needs a total resto. It is pretty cool as it sits but that would get old and one would want to make it really nice. Even though its the top pick for me on color, I really want a 4 speed car. So even if I get it for 60k and do all the work myself I will be near 90k into it after probably years of work. The debate in my mind is do I save for another 5 years and buy a nice low mileage car that maybe has had one repaint or do I make the leap and purchase this one and scrimp and save and invest blood sweat and tears into this one.  :scratchchin:

1970Moparmann

I don't think you will get it for $60k.  With this being said, right now in todays market, I would find a nice car for $85 ish (like the one that just sold on Ebay) , put what you have down, and finance the rest.  In 5 years you never know what will happen.  Based on seeing these cars value go down a year ago, I was able to finally get one.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Speedfreak

Quote from: wingcarenvy on September 21, 2013, 01:46:28 PM
Ok, so I may be making a play for this one. I won't pay 70k for it. Like what was said before, its a 440 4 bbl column car that really needs a total resto. It is pretty cool as it sits but that would get old and one would want to make it really nice. Even though its the top pick for me on color, I really want a 4 speed car. So even if I get it for 60k and do all the work myself I will be near 90k into it after probably years of work. The debate in my mind is do I save for another 5 years and buy a nice low mileage car that maybe has had one repaint or do I make the leap and purchase this one and scrimp and save and invest blood sweat and tears into this one.  :scratchchin:

If it were me, I would pass on it.  First it is not a 4 spd, that will bother you a lot over time to the point you may want to sell it for a 4 spd.  Second, price is really not that good, needs a lot of work, in the end will cost more than one already done.  Hang onto your cash, and keep looking, in the meanwhile keeping adding to the money you are saving for the car.  In the end you will be better off all away around.  Quite a few Superbirds come on to eBay for sale, maybe you will get the right one and be ready to cruise next spring! :cheers:

Aero426

Get in the game now if you can.     You can always trade up later.    There's always someone wanting to get in on the lower end.

Not having a 4-speed in a Superbird isn't the same as other non-wing cars, because well, it's still a Superbird.   :cheers:

69_500

If it was me and my dream was a Superbird I would go for it. My dream is a 4 speed Daytona but I realize my best bet is to buy any Daytona that comes up that I can afford. And if in the future one I would rather have comes up try to make a deal/trade for it.