News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air compressor

Started by cdr, August 29, 2013, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

well today was  :flame:  my 1000.00 air compressor went eeerrrrrrrrrrrrr & the motor burst into flames,glad i was home when it did it,i have been known to forget to turn it off when i leave the house,  this really sucks!!!!!  SO MUCH for workin on the charger   :RantExplode:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ws23rt

OOps good thing you were home.  I to try to remember to turn mine off when I leave home.

Was gone for work one time for three days and came home to find the toilet running (flapper stuck open).  Big water bill that month :shruggy:

sanders7981

Ingersoll-Rand model?   :popcrn:

Cooter

Awe no cdr....dang, you know I'd lend you mine ifin I's closer guy. I think lowes.home depot grainger.etc have just the electric motors fairly priced.  Sorry it happened man.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charge69

That's gotta suck, Charlie!  Replacing the motor is not really that expensive but, is the compressor pump OK or did it freeze up causing the motor to fail? 

Silver R/T

What happened to it? Was it just too old or there's not enough oil in it?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

cdr

Quote from: sanders7981 on August 29, 2013, 11:59:22 PM

yes to the ingersoll,i got on the web & apparently this is a common problem.. its only about 5years old,very little use,the pump is still ok its just the motor.

COOTER THANX  you are very kind.   
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

sanders7981

Quote from: cdr on August 30, 2013, 12:22:45 PM
Quote from: sanders7981 on August 29, 2013, 11:59:22 PM

yes to the ingersoll,i got on the web & apparently this is a common problem.. its only about 5years old,very little use,the pump is still ok its just the motor.

COOTER THANX  you are very kind.   

Sorry for your troubles, that sucks.  That is the EXACT reason I didn't get an IR model.  I did a bit of research on them and found that this happens quite a bit. I ended up getting a Quincy model on sale for a pretty good price.  Good thing you were home though, could have been much worse. 

Mopar Nut

That was close, someone was watching over you or the Charger. Glad to hear there was no serious damage.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."