News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Website dedicated to movie cars - pretty cool

Started by NYCMille, February 28, 2006, 04:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Geez, that site covers about every car sighting on any movie! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Wow, that is cool.  Someone did a lot of research.

Crazy Larry

Another website that rocks is http://www.varaces.com
The Car Chase Movie Databse

However, both sites leave a few out - I have a running tally of about 54 movies that a Dodge Charger (1966-1974) makes an appearance in.
Currently, I am writing my second book "Charger Films: A Ride Through American Cinema in the Dodge Charger" It will basically be a coffee table book of images from Charger appearances in movies. 

You guys can bet, I'll be announcing its completion here first thing.

Shakey

Quote from: Crazy Larry on February 28, 2006, 05:25:32 PM

However, both sites leave a few out - I have a running tally of about 54 movies that a Dodge Charger (1966-1974) makes an appearance in.
Currently, I am writing my second book "Charger Films: A Ride Through American Cinema in the Dodge Charger" It will basically be a coffee table book of images from Charger appearances in movies. 

Put me down for two.  One for the coffee table in the family room and the other for the coffe table in my office.

Look forward to it!

RAWPWR

Hey NYCmille I did not see Vanishing point the remake listed. In that movie the sheriff stated that it takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar and he went to his house and took out his personal 68 Charger..it was a very cornie statement.. :yesnod:
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Shakey on February 28, 2006, 08:14:26 PM

Put me down for two.  One for the coffee table in the family room and the other for the coffe table in my office.

Look forward to it!

No Problem! Right now, I'm looking at getting it to the publisher by late-Spring. I'll keep you updated on where it goes from there.

RAWPWR, that Vanishing Point remake is pretty over the top, that line made me laugh too. Great Charger in it, though.

Todd Wilson

Thats cool! They need to add the 3rd Gen Charger from Cheech and Chongs Up in Smoke movie!   Also the Dodge Power Wagons from The Legend of the Ruby Silver  and I see no M37 shown that was in one of the Dukes shows way back when.

Todd

Shakey

terrible one

Quote from: Crazy Larry on February 28, 2006, 05:25:32 PM

That's awesome man, I'll definitly be buying one.

4402tuff4u

Awesome site! They actually missed a couple like "French Connection" few mopars in that movie, including 69 Charger.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Crazy Larry

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on March 01, 2006, 09:03:47 AM
Awesome site! They actually missed a couple like "French Connection" few mopars in that movie, including 69 Charger.

Good eyes! You're the first person I have ever seen mention the Charger appearances in "French Connection". There are about three Chargers parked in various locations throughout the movie from what I can remember, that are eaither ran by or driven by.

I never did like it when some people tried to say the "French Connection" has a better car chase scene than "Bulitt" - one is between a GTO and an Elevated Train, the other is between a Mustang and a Charger. C'mon, there is no doubt that it takes at least two cars to make a car chase scene. One could argue that "the French Connection" has the best Train chase scene in movies, but that is another thread...in fact this is way off topic...pardon me. :P

bsakal

4402tuff4u is right they missed the French Connection, they drive by a parked '69 and a parked white '68.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

elacruze

What ever happened to the Coffee Table Book?

French Connection...picked randomly tonight.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !