News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 - 69 Dash frames

Started by f669bee, August 29, 2013, 08:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f669bee

I'm looking for a 69 charger rallye dash frame and saw on another web site that a 68 dash frame is not quite the same,(I thought that they were identical).  I need some expert information.  Thanks

bill440rt

All 3 years are slightly different, actually.
I think the biggest difference between '68/'69 dash frames is the ignition switch area. '68 ignition switches are different than '69, therefore the mounting on the dash frame is different.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

The 68 dash comes to a point in the middle. I assume the dash frame would accomodate that.

bill440rt

Quote from: bull on August 29, 2013, 10:28:30 PM
The 68 dash comes to a point in the middle. I assume the dash frame would accomodate that.

Nope. That's just the shape of the pad.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Rolling_Thunder

Yep - the pad comes to a point.  The dash is straight across... .     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip