News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Personalized plate...

Started by TonyN, August 29, 2013, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyN

Like a few others, I have my 69 Charger done up like the General Lee. My original plate I wanted was 'HAZRDUS', but that was taken. 'DSNTJMP' is a possibility, since people constantly ask me if I do. I was thinking though of getting '1KDETHS'. Or is that too subtle?

69chargerboy

Quote from: TonyN on August 29, 2013, 06:39:59 PM
Like a few others, I have my 69 Charger done up like the General Lee. My original plate I wanted was 'HAZRDUS', but that was taken. 'DSNTJMP' is a possibility, since people constantly ask me if I do. I was thinking though of getting '1KDETHS'. Or is that too subtle?

Don't want CNH 320?
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: 69chargerboy on August 29, 2013, 06:57:11 PM
Don't want CNH 320?

How about...

BYROSCO
GEN LEE
DUKEBOY
GENERAL
I JUMP

A383Wing

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

JT01

I have GNRL LEE on my General.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68X426

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TonyN

Thanks, everyone. Daisy is most certainly out.

"... then there is nothing left me but to go and see General Grant, and I would rather
die a thousand deaths..."

TN

moparfan53

Well, it is too subtle for me (or maybe I am extra slow  ;D), as I don't get it. What does it mean?

68X426

Quote from: moparfan53 on August 30, 2013, 04:59:34 PM

Well, it is too subtle for me (or maybe I am extra slow  ;D), as I don't get it. What does it mean?

Yes it's not an easy one. Some would say obscure. You are not slow.

1KDETHS

1 = One
K = Thousand
DETHS = deaths

One Thousand Deaths is a portion of the speech Confederate General Robert E. Lee made before surrendering to the Union and General Grant.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

Quote from: moparfan53 on August 30, 2013, 04:59:34 PM

I didn't get it either.

ws23rt

Fred

ws23rt

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

TonyN

68X426, going _way_ off topic, would you know if General Lee would have given his sword to General Grant?

(And if it's obscure, SOLD! I'll get that one...)

68X426

Quote from: TonyN on August 31, 2013, 12:40:16 PM
68X426, going _way_ off topic, would you know if General Lee would have given his sword to General Grant?

(And if it's obscure, SOLD! I'll get that one...)

I'm old, but I wasn't there for the Surrender. Others were and wrote about it.

Lee most certainly did not give up his sword, nor was he asked to give it up.

A very good website named eyewitnesstohistory.com, in their section on the Surrender at Appomattox, documents the letters of General Horace Porter, who was an eyewitness:

"He [Grant] said afterward that this set him to thinking that it would be an unnecessary humiliation to require officers [Lee and the rebels] to surrender their swords, and a great hardship to deprive them of their personal baggage and horses, and after a short pause he [Grant] wrote the sentence: 'This will not embrace the side-arms of the officers, nor their private horses or baggage.'

Side-arms are the swords. Lee did not have to relinquish his.

More eyewitness info includes the "terms letter" that Grant wrote to Lee, and Lee accepted (ending the war):

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TonyN

Awesome post. What a site this is, car discussion and learnin'!

GL0169

The one i got for my General Lee is like whats on the show issued by the state of New Mexico    CNH*320  tried for 15 years to get it by the state but something similar was issued - but i finally got it

rave_12000

BlueSS454

Tom Rightler

Charger-Bodie

When I had my General, I had Jumpn01
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

General_01

I had "YEEHAW" on my plate when I had a GL. Thought it was appropriate because a lot of people said that when they saw the car.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed