News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger R/T What is this pink wire for???

Started by Mikesmopars01, September 07, 2013, 11:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesmopars01

I have a 1968 Charger R/T.  There is one single pink wire attached as an acc to the back side of the fuse panel.  The wire is long enough to go from the back of the fuse panel over to the steering column.  It has a funny looking flat gold end on it.  I do not know what this wire connects to.  Any ideas.  I have no picture of it yet, too dark.

Mikesmopars01

I have looked in the wire diagram book.  I do not see it listed.

bull

Pink wires in a 68 were generally accessory power supply wires. It's common to see several of them piggy-backed onto one another at the fuse box. They supply 12v power to things like console lights, dome lights, trunk lights, etc. That one you mentioned probably goes to the door switch. Find the accessories page in the electrical schenatics and you'll see lots of pink wires.

Canadian1968

It will be a power supply for one of the accessories. The fact that you say there is only one kind of worries me though . There should be at least 4 coming right off the fuse block . You can trace them down and figure out which one is missing.

When you say funny flat end. You do not mean the female terminal that is one most of the other wires?