News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In about in an hour my 69 survivor will be here. BETTER PICS!!!

Started by Charger-Bodie, August 29, 2013, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Lord Warlock on September 02, 2013, 12:27:24 PM
My numbers from fender tag

V1T V8X 25 END

M21 M25 M31 N85 R21

G11 G31 G33 H51 J25 L31

A01 A47 B41 B51 C21 C55

Y3 Y3 CRT T3 904 084585

E86 D32 XS29 L9B 128084

Close....his is earlier ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

trunk pics.
Quote from: tan top on September 02, 2013, 01:03:23 PM
 :dance: :faint:  awesome  :yesnod: :popcrn:   looking forward to seeing more pictures & stuff  :cheers:

just out of curiosity , whats the jack hold  down spring like ?
   is it a loop & hook  or two hooks , one  at either end ?

Hook on one end loop on the other.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

A383Wing

:dance: :faint:  awesome  :yesnod: :popcrn:   looking forward to seeing more pictures & stuff  :cheers:

just out of curiosity , whats the jack hold  down spring like ?
    is it a loop & hook  or two hooks , one  at either end ?

66 & 67 were 2 hook style...I think starting in 68 was hook & loop style?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: A383Wing on September 02, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

just out of curiosity , whats the jack hold  down spring like ?
    is it a loop & hook  or two hooks , one  at either end ?

I believe you are correct.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

tan top

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 02, 2013, 01:56:34 PM
trunk pics.

thanks for the reply & pictures  , appreciated  :cheers:  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:  amazing charger you got there Dude  :drool5:

yeah  :yesnod:  your correct  :cheers: :cheers: , was just curious cause mine was previously pretty much unrestored 2 owner car  63 thousand mile car ,   although few things had been changed  ,  but had a two hook  spring  ,   mine  must  of been changed at some point   :yesnod: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: tan top on September 02, 2013, 02:37:41 PM

trunk pics.

thanks for the reply & pictures  , appreciated  :cheers:  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:  amazing charger you got there Dude  :drool5:

yeah  :yesnod:  your correct  :cheers: :cheers: , was just curious cause mine was previously pretty much unrestored 2 owner car  63 thousand mile car ,   although few things had been changed  ,  but had a two hook  spring  ,   mine  must  of been changed at some point   :yesnod: :scratchchin:

Steve, upon closer inspection the jack sring is the two hook no loop style.

tan top

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 16, 2013, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: tan top on September 02, 2013, 02:37:41 PM

trunk pics.

Steve, upon closer inspection the jack sring is the two hook no loop style.

:o  thanks for the info Brian  , appreciated
this is a  interesting discovery ,
  looks  as if your double hook spring  is the same color  as mine was /is   ,  and the same color of the hoop & hook one  ,  but the repop 67 & earlier springs seem to be black that I've seen advertised  :scratchchin:
double hook silver spring  a   third type   :shruggy: who knows .
anyway enough of my waffling , thanks again for the update   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

375instroke

green69rt

Got to say that the wing was beautiful, but... I like the new car just as much.  Gosh, what a fine piece of metal!!

histoy

Brian, I noticed that in the trunk the inside of the fenders and half of the wheel tubs appear to be in primer with no body color.   Is that correct, or is it just the lighting in the picture?   I always thought that the entire inside of the trunk was painted body color.

Lord Warlock

Mine isn't totally painted body color in the trunk, the section behind the spare and  above and in front of wheelwell is colored but not the sides behind the wheelwells.  Mine has the textured surface  (sound deadener?) that is greyish in color just like his has.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Lord Warlock on September 19, 2013, 09:56:40 PM
Mine isn't totally painted body color in the trunk, the section behind the spare and  above and in front of wheelwell is colored but not the sides behind the wheelwells.  Mine has the textured surface  (sound deadener?) that is greyish in color just like his has.
Same on my car too.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Charger-Bodie

The tar based sound deadoner sucked up all the paint most likely.

bakerhillpins

I understood that they never completely painted the trunk. They shot the sides and the back but the bottom only got overspray or what ever the guy felt like doing. The bottom of the trunk was then covered with the liner.  My 69 has the original trunk pan and it was spraybombed early in its life. The black is now releasing from the lack of prep work and it is blatantly obvious that the Q5 was just overspray under the mat but blue as you got to the inside quarters.   :Twocents:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 20, 2013, 06:53:15 AM
I understood that they never completely painted the trunk. They shot the sides and the back but the bottom only got overspray or what ever the guy felt like doing. The bottom of the trunk was then covered with the liner.  My 69 has the original trunk pan and it was spraybombed early in its life. The black is now releasing from the lack of prep work and it is blatantly obvious that the Q5 was just overspray under the mat but blue as you got to the inside quarters.   :Twocents:

Oh, Im sure they varried big time. Ive seen some that have no paint on the trunk floor at all. With the varried results Ive seen Id say it was all supposed to get shot.  :Twocents:

Dino

It happened on all cars in the pre robot era.  Rarely are 2 cars the same when it comes to the overspray.  These days it's much more uniform.  Those robots rarely slack as long as they get their daily fix of WD-40..  Ok, that last bit may be untrue.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Not really, robots are consistent but you can't let the maintenance slack off at all.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2013, 10:12:09 AM
Not really, robots are consistent but you can't let the maintenance slack off at all.

Absolutely, but I'm sure they have a better system than a guy with a can walking around...then again...wouldn't be all that surprising would it?   :lol:

Ghoste

From what I've seen it's more like a team of cnc programmers, electricians and millwrights on standby but my experience could be unique. :lol:

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2013, 10:23:46 AM
From what I've seen it's more like a team of cnc programmers, electricians and millwrights on standby but my experience could be unique. :lol:

Fire them all and hire the guy with the spray can!  There, I'm thinking about the small guy right there, my good deed for the day is done!  Except the firing part, that was not so nice but oh well.   :lol:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona