News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In about in an hour my 69 survivor will be here. BETTER PICS!!!

Started by Charger-Bodie, August 29, 2013, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

What's the story in general?  A 45 year survivor anything must have an interesting tale.
:2thumbs:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 30, 2013, 08:30:26 PM

PS--- that Y3 Cream is very odd/rare in its own right...when I was doing the '69 Registry I only had 47 total registered in that color....29 XP & 13 XS cars

I have personally NEVER seen a 69 Charger in this color.

looks to be about the same cream color as our original 66 Charger...code is "SS1" in 1966...and I have never seen another 66 this color in person as well

Charger-Bodie

Nice.

I took a bunch Of detail pics today. I will try to resize them as soon as I can.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bakerhillpins

PS--- that Y3 Cream is very odd/rare in its own right...when I was doing the '69 Registry I only had 47 total registered in that color....29 XP & 13 XS cars

Out of the 4 XP 383-4bbl C6T/V1T cars I had....this one is the only one with the G31 mirror

I would have thought you would have seen the Y3 69 RT that was at Carlisle 2-3 yrs ago. It's a members ride. y3chargerrt I believe. I recall it being there as I took a bunch of pics of it because he was entertaining selling it and I was still in the market as it were.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 31, 2013, 07:21:50 PM

Out of the 4 XP 383-4bbl C6T/V1T cars I had....this one is the only one with the G31 mirror

I would have thought you would have seen the Y3 69 RT that was at Carlisle 2-3 yrs ago. It's a members ride. y3chargerrt I believe. I recall it being there as I took a bunch of pics of it because he was entertaining selling it and I was still in the market as it were.

LOL oh snap you are right!  How could I forget Ron's car!!  :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

histoy

Congrats Brian.  That's a very well preserved car.   Please tell us about your plans for it.... are you going to leave it alone and just enjoy its originality?

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: histoy on September 01, 2013, 11:04:39 AM
Congrats Brian.  That's a very well preserved car.   Please tell us about your plans for it.... are you going to leave it alone and just enjoy its originality?

Im gonna make things work properly and look their best without disturbing its original patina. One example is the lower control arm bushings are shot. Im going to carefully replace those along with the strutrod bushings.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

hemi-hampton

If you resize pics a little smaller would be easier to see. Nice car. I prefer them original over restored. Congrats :2thumbs:  LEON.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Looks like the letter "B" on the differential  :2thumbs:  :Twocents:

Charger-Bodie

I hope this works better. PITA.

Charger-Bodie

:icon_smile_cool:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

Car is on hoist with front end apart. Cant go outside til back together.

Charger-Bodie

:Twocents: in one of these you can see where the assy. line strap was in the wheel well blocking the undercoat.

moparfan53

Charger-Bodie... I am officially envious of you! ;D   I have seen that car for sale a few times (ebay I think and other places) and have drooled over it each time. If I had more money and a larger garage it would be sitting beside my '69. ;D  I am glad it found a good home with somebody who appreciates it for what it is. I am amazed at the condition it is in, especially the grille and grille trim. Over the years I have seen some debate on what the correct grille color is so your's may be a good reference.  

I am glad to see it has the chrome shifter knob. My car which I bought in 1975 has it also. I sometimes get "experts" at car shows telling me it should have the woodgrain one. I try to enlighten them that not all '69s had the woodgrain knob, some believe me, some don't. ;D

If you want help resizing any photos, email them to me (email is in my profile) and I can return them and/or post them.

You have a fantastic survivor car there! Congrats! :2thumbs:

EDIT; I see while I was typing you posted smaller pics.

Charger-Bodie

last for now.

jaak

Wow, Looks great Brian.
Survivor cars are awesome....rolling 'time capsules'.

Congrats,
Jason

Lord Warlock

DUDE!!  thats almost an exact duplicate of MY car, only mine is an RTSE, looks like it has almost the same options, mines also a Y3 creme yellow with a tan top, with remote and right side mirrors, ac and tint all around.  Whats even more interesting is that it has the same  904 build date as mine does, so both of our cars were probably close to each other at one time at the factory.  I have never seen another Y3 tan top charger in person, and i've been looking for 35 years at every show i've gone to.  

I wouldn't be surprised to find out they went to the same dealer, I found mine in Pensacola FL in 78.  It could have come from GA originally.

Congrats on the purchase, you've got a rare one there.  
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

A383Wing

would be interesting to see how close the VIN numbers are to each other.

no power brakes either...

Bryan

Lord Warlock

My numbers from fender tag

V1T V8X 25 END

M21 M25 M31 N85 R21

G11 G31 G33 H51 J25 L31

A01 A47 B41 B51 C21 C55

Y3 Y3 CRT T3 904 084585

E86 D32 XS29 L9B 128084
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

tan top

:dance: :faint:  awesome  :yesnod: :popcrn:   looking forward to seeing more pictures & stuff  :cheers:

just out of curiosity , whats the jack hold  down spring like ?
   is it a loop & hook  or two hooks , one  at either end ?

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html