News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sitting on the Charger

Started by Road Dog, August 29, 2013, 09:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 29, 2013, 04:24:05 PM
So i figure my little girls can't hurt anything 43 years later.. lol

You are a good dad, that is priceless.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ottawamerc

ONLY inside and occasionally I will rest against the top of the bumper with the hood open... Theres way!!!! to many hours in that car to make it a lean too, I even hate when bugs bang into it at 60MPH. Not a trailer queen but no sitting please.. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Finn

Me on my car? Hell yeah, I put the time in and it's not like I'm jumping on it or sliding so no big deal. It's one of my favorites spots to relax actually  ;D.
In regards to anyone else on my car, I better have told her it was OK first and no I don't care how big her boobs were.  :D

Wouldn't dare even to even touch another persons car without asking though.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69finder

Depends on how fat you are?

I can easily lean up against anything without smashing through steel.   :rofl:

myk

This car has more strength and resilience than most people I know, so I don't mind sitting, lying, crawling on top of it.  Then again, I only weigh 160...

XS29L

When I take a break I sit behind the wheel and make screeching tire and motor sounds.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

toocheaptosmoke

Sat on the the fenders all the time while getting in and out of the engine bay to work on things.  Made sure the fenders could take it first, they are pretty tough.

Charger-Bodie

The dents I always have to fix on these cars must be from elephants or cattle if they are that tuff.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Patronus

I found ass prints on the cowl and the dutchmen  :scratchchin:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bill440rt

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 29, 2013, 09:00:29 PM
The dents I always have to fix on these cars must be from elephants or cattle if they are that tuff.

Those wide fender tops just scream DENT ME from elbows & stuff.
Sit on it? No way.  :nono:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69finder

Quote from: Patronus on August 29, 2013, 09:34:27 PM
I found ass prints on the cowl and the dutchmen  :scratchchin:

Say NO to fat chicks!!  :hah:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 29, 2013, 04:28:19 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 29, 2013, 04:24:05 PM
So i figure my little girls can't hurt anything 43 years later.. lol

You are a good dad, that is priceless.

Yea, no kidding. That is a picture that's got a lifetime of memory's in it. I have a few of those and they are indeed priceless.  :2thumbs:

All I can say to a lot of you guys is that for everyone it's different. Ill get to restoring my paint/body some day but I am not going to freak out about sitting/leaning/whatever. I am over that hump in my life. I have been remodeling my home for years and put tons of hours into woodwork, trim, finishes, you name it so it looks beautiful. Then I let my family run loose in it and it becomes used but shows life. Can you still see my hours of work, yes. This stuff is to enjoy and however you do that good for you.  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ottawamerc

Yea, no kidding. That is a picture that's got a lifetime of memory's in it. I have a few of those and they are indeed priceless.  :2thumbs:

All I can say to a lot of you guys is that for everyone it's different. Ill get to restoring my paint/body some day but I am not going to freak out about sitting/leaning/whatever. I am over that hump in my life. I have been remodeling my home for years and put tons of hours into woodwork, trim, finishes, you name it so it looks beautiful. Then I let my family run loose in it and it becomes used but shows life. Can you still see my hours of work, yes. This stuff is to enjoy and however you do that good for you.  :cheers:
[/quote]

Wow well said I totally agree with you there. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

1974dodgecharger

Some guys are saving their chargers for the next lifetime.

Quote from: ottawamerc on August 30, 2013, 08:59:01 PM

Wow well said I totally agree with you there. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

[/quote]

rt green

sitting on the car? I've seen people do a lot worse with their charger
third string oil changer

Lord Warlock

When i first got the car, and drove it as a teenager, I used to sit on it all the time, in parking lots chatting with friends, i'd park myself on the fender, and chat for hours, even let the girls sit on it without bitching.  At drive in movies, I'd back into the parking spot, and sit against the back glass, never got a single dent in it from climbing up or over it, may have put some light scratches in it, but they'd buff out.  

Haven't grown out of it either, this afternoon, in order to reach the top shelf of my  garage to locate a wheel puller, I stepped off the step ladder and onto the rear lip edge of the trunk lid to reach what i needed.  And this was after I repainted it myself.   I figure if i screw it up, i can always fix it myself as I've done in the past.  Twice it has gotten a dent in it that was my fault, the first one a 4x4x8 fence post leaning against the front wall of the garage managed to fall over, and bounced off the hood, leaving a 4 inch dent in the hood, in a place you can't get to underneath, filled it and repainted it, its hard to see now even if you know where to look.  The second was a shelf in the garage that managed to fall off the support, and one end landed on top of the left front fender, leaving a 2 inch long but deeper dent, that one still bothers me as I can see the outline under the paint, may fix it may not, don't plan on repainting that fender but will consider using paintless dent repair to fix it if they can, not sure they can fix an old car made out of real metal.  

If a stranger was sitting on it, i'd get pissed off unless i gave permission first, If a kid wants to sit on it at a show for a picture that would make a good memory for him, I'd let him as long as they don't walk across the hood or roof.  I wouldn't sit on my new challenger since its made of aluminum or very thin metal, but the charger....its tough it can take it.  

And yes, i talk to all my cars, I don't name them as that feels stupid to me, but talk to them, yes as they get lonely sitting in that dusty isolated garage.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

nvrbdn

got my 68 charger in summer 1973 while 16 years old. it was my restaurant, my bedroom sometimes, my camping vehicle, my seat while hanging out at the local places we would congregate to. it held up back then. i will not be afraid to enjoy my car however i choose. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Lord Warlock

Quotemy restaurcamping vehicle, my seat while hanging out ant, my bedroom sometimes, my
I eat lunch in my new challenger every day, much to the horror of the new challenger owners on the challenger site...and i smoke in it too, if future buyers don't like it, they don't have to buy it from me. I can always roll it into the hobby garage next to the charger when it retires. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Fred

I worked to hard to earn the cash to buy my cars so I treat them all with care. The more you look after things, the longer they will look good. I don't believe in easy come, easy go. Respect and appreciation is what it's all about for me.
And even if money grew on trees.............it wouldn't change my attitude.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

69finder

"The things we own, wind up owning us."

stripedelete

twodko

To each his or her own. My sentiments parallel Fred's, I've worked too hard to acquire the things I have.
I've never sat on any of my cars except a tailgate. I enjoy letting folks carefully sit in my car at shows for a picture or two.

I also say hello to and give a light caress to my Q5 beauty.........for a lot of reasons.

It has a name too........Dodge Charger.  :Twocents:

Those two priceless munchkins sitting on the wing ends is food for the heart and soul. We're I so blessed that picture would be a poster in my garage/mancave.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Daytona R/T SE

I don't sit on any of my cars. :nono:

Not even the rough project cars. :slap:

These cars are not chairs.  :brickwall:

GordonGriggs

Back in 1984-1986 we used to go the the drive-in movie's every weekend. If it was too hot sitting in the car we would sit on the hood and lay against the windshield. We never put a dent or scratch on it.

charge69

I have done my fair share of sitting on a car for drive-in movies, hamburger stand socializing, and just general group gatherings but, I do not sit on any part of my Charger now and expect the same from anyone else.

I think those older cars ('50's and earlier and even '60's cars) seemed to be made of thicker steel and could take the weight of a human without denting. The paint was another story but people did not seemed too concerned back then. I think they would be concerned if they had 7 to 12K in their paint job like now! Those older cars did not cost as much as a small portion of a good paint job does now!