News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wieand 256 blower big block mopar

Started by Scottrod1, September 05, 2013, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottrod1

Hi guys, I was wondering if it would be possible to mount a low profile blower on my 528 big block Mopar. They list a kit for big block Chevys but nothing for a Mopar. Before you ask why not go for a 6/8/71 style the answer is in my part of the world we have a height restriction for anything obove the hood. It's ok to have the bug catcher above the hood and that's all. Is it just a matter of having a custom blower manifold made to bolt it to a Mopar? Thanks in advance!

Cooter

I can only assume you have the compression to run a blower in check on that stroker....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Scottrod1

Yes it has about 8.1 compression. Was going with a procharger centrifugal blower but want to see if I can get the classic roots look while still staying legal.

Cooter

Procharger has me hooked. Seen too many with intercoolers blow(pun intended) a roots blower (which is only about 50% efficient anyway) right out of the water.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on September 05, 2013, 08:12:23 PM
Procharger has me hooked. Seen too many with intercoolers blow(pun intended) a roots blower (which is only about 50% efficient anyway) right out of the water.

But roots are so cool looking.... :icon_smile_big: