News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2009 Drag Pack Challenger

Started by 1970Moparmann, August 29, 2013, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

GOTWING

if you are looking for a drag car only, can't ever be put on the street..

JB400

I'd use this car as a template to get a street version stripped down like they should be. 

Cooter

Now we want to talk about rediculously overpriced cars.....
50grand and can't register it,  no trans, wiring in the trunk, doesn't run, no rear suspension.no fuel system..

Yeah, no wonder one needs to be a pro racer to afford one...
Way to go Chrysler...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68X426

What's up with the old school toyota truck wheels from the 80s?  :slap:

RK always jacks up their prices, but this one is laughable.

:lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

GOTWING

thats how they are shipped , you put on your own choice of wheels.. :yesnod:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Cooter on August 29, 2013, 11:39:52 AM
50grand and can't register it,  no trans, wiring in the trunk, doesn't run, no rear suspension.no fuel system..

Didn't catch some of that the first time I read it.... WOW. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

richRTSE

this seems intersting, definately more affordable....just throw a drivetrain in it...

Quote2009 Dodge Challenger RT, rolling chassis. No engine or transmission. Originally a stick car. 900 original miles on the body with a clean title. Stock 3.92 rear end. This car is complete minus engine, trans and engine acessories. $21000.00 cash

http://www.racingjunk.com/Dodge/181931236/2009-Dodge-Challenger.html

myk

Quote from: Cooter on August 29, 2013, 11:39:52 AM
Now we want to talk about rediculously overpriced cars.....

Hmm...sounds like all of the Mopars you see for sale on CL and ebay, with prices in the stratosphere for what amounts to a shell with a parts basket...

Baldwinvette77

ill never understand the practice of auto manufacturers ripping out standard features and the raising the price, i'd rather buy a used 6 banger, strip it, and go from there  :scratchchin: but then again if i wanted a challenger i'd first hunt down a 70-74  :coolgleamA:

1974dodgecharger

I thought drag pack meant it was orders with a viper engine and tranny?

Cooter

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 30, 2013, 12:56:17 PM
I thought drag pack meant it was orders with a viper engine and tranny?

As far as I know, the viper engined cars are of late. Most are hemi. No trans or rear suspension either way.
I can see that 'hand truck' rear suspension cradle thingy getting like the stock A990cars' factory exhaust in 20years..shipping purposes only, but some nut job will just have to have the factory uber rare, always got thrown away rear cradle.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

odcics2

Link says it has a 6 speed.  Lots of other mods done to it, not just a "stripped job".
Engine is built, too.     
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

BrianShaughnessy

It took some real dedication for mopar guys to buy that package...   considering the costs for little more than a starter kit.   I saw the pile of temporary crap and parts on the floor of barton's shop a couple years ago.
Meanwhile a ford or chebbie guy could buy a turn key car.  :'(
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.