News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice project...but only about $60,000 over priced

Started by marshallfry01, August 28, 2013, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

http://fresno.craigslist.org/ctd/4027076504.html  Saw this 68 on CL.  I had to send an email to get a price for it.  It's a dealer, and they are wanting $69,999 for it!  They said it was worth it cause it has a "new engine" in it and because it was a "classic." I thought for that much it would at least come with a console and a detail!  :shruggy: :nana: I don't see where people get these crazy prices.  That's a $10,000 car give or take.  I get amused when I see crazy adds like this. :nana: :smilielol: :eek2: :lol:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

ACUDANUT

mauve66

Quote from: marshallfry01 on August 28, 2013, 03:56:34 PM
http://fresno.craigslist.org/ctd/4027076504.html  Saw this 68 on CL.  I had to send an email to get a price for it.  It's a dealer, and they are wanting $69,999 for it!  They said it was worth it cause it has a "new engine" in it and because it was a "classic." I thought for that much it would at least come with a console and a detail!  :shruggy: :nana: I don't see where people get these crazy prices.  That's a $10,000 car give or take.  I get amused when I see crazy adds like this. :nana: :smilielol: :eek2: :lol:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

i would fck with them say your goi g to buy it and sheit and not buy it after getting theire hopes up....

i did that one time at a dodge dealership with my 68 i rolled up in there askinf them how much a trade in would me for a car 48 years old...i told the, i couldnt find a price for trade in.  i acted all dumb suggesting maybe 600 trade in.

u should of seem theire eyes they wanted it bad.....for a trade in the manager came out and looked at it and said yeah its a old car this should of been junked long ago and asked what i wanted on the lot.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

67Charger440

I called on that car 3 weeks ago, just to verify it wasn't a typo and it should have been $6,999.  It wasn't.  He actually sounded like he might have believed it was work $70K.  I told him that it had an extra digit, to have a nice day.

miamivice

They could have at least dusted off the car from sitting in the dirt before taking the picture!

Stevearino

I'd never assume that it could not happen but do you think there are very many people out there with an extra $70,000.00 in disposable cash that would be also dumb enough to plunk it down for something that far off the mark? :o :o :o :o

twodko

Now that's some funny stuff right there.  :lol:

They do suffer a lot of heat stroke in the Fresno area. Sun will fry your brain.  :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Lord Warlock

If classic chargers are really bringing that kind of money, maybe its time to sell mine, which is considerably nicer than the one shown.  I thought XP vins were standard chargers, at least mine is an XS29L9B.  then again mine's a 69 not a 68, even if it was built in sept 68.

It doesn't look bad at all, a little messy inside but intact, body looks decent, but definitely not a 60k car. Would think it'd be worth 15k since a 500 hp crate motor would likely cost over 6k plus the install.  But an engine does not make an RT or a base more valuable than a real RT.

If someone rich wants to toss 70k my way, i'll sell mine, that'll pay half my mortgage.  And it would probably save me 10k from piecing min back together piece by piece. Already spent over 4k on it this year.  Still less than the 6k i spent on my challenger this year.  
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

stripedelete

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 28, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
If classic chargers are really bringing that kind of money, maybe its time to sell mine, which is considerably nicer than the one shown..........If someone rich wants to toss 70k my way, i'll sell mine......

Tru-Dat!  I've owned my charger for 30 years, but, I would kick it out like a cheap whore for $70K.

marshallfry01

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 28, 2013, 04:09:06 PM
I did not see a price ?  :shruggy:
You have to send an email....it was $69,999

Quote from: 67Charger440 on August 28, 2013, 06:05:16 PM
I called on that car 3 weeks ago, just to verify it wasn't a typo and it should have been $6,999.  It wasn't.  He actually sounded like he might have believed it was work $70K.  I told him that it had an extra digit, to have a nice day.
Lmao I did the same thing! They think they have something valuable!
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger link=topic=104305.msg1240083#msg1240083

date=1377726082

i would fck with them say your goi g to buy it and sheit and not buy it after getting theire hopes up....
Haha that's what I did! He said it was the bosses car and that I could talk to him directly if I wanted too! :lol:

1969 Charger 383/auto

marshallfry01

I forgot to say this.... But while I was talking with the guy I was screwing with him and asking if it had the "440 Hemi" in it.  He said, "no, the car is yellow."  I  :shruggy:  I seriously thought he would have said yes or no,, but I didn't know that yellow was an engine. lol   I might call back tomorrow and ask to speak with the owner and ask where he got his pricing for that thing.  :brickwall:
1969 Charger 383/auto

Lord Warlock

QuoteTru-Dat!  I've owned my charger for 30 years, but, I would kick it out like a cheap whore for $70K.

Gotcha beat by a few years,  owned mine 35 years now.  Even tried to search the owner history when i got it, only got back three owners before lost the trail, someone was in military overseas and couldn't go further.  Wish we had carfax's from back then.  I drove it 1 year in High school, and 4 years of college, and that was about it, after that its been in storage, now i'm old enough to wish for retirement and finally started fixing it up several years back, getting close to being drivable again, as soon as the brakes are fixed i'd try to drive it again....and year one just delivered new rotors and drums yesterday... gotta drain the tank, call a locksmith to get the locking gas cap out (lost my key) and put the new lines on and it should run.  Starts up when i hook up the gas line to a gas source.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

rt green

third string oil changer

myk

I personally can't hold anything against the seller.  I'm selling mine for $500,000... :shruggy:

Tilar

lol, The link in the ad that says "View additional info (including price and mileage) for this vehicle" takes you to an email sign up page that has this disclaimer:

"Why Don't We Show the Price? Dealerships sometimes ask that we not display a price if it drops below a certain amount. The "unlock more information" message indicates that the price of the car is so low that the dealership requested that it not be advertised (that is, displayed) online."

These people are like politicians in that they think if they say it, everyone is supposed to believe it.  :nutkick:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Dino

$70K  :smilielol:

Alright boys and girls, I'm selling my 69!  It's not perfect, but it has a console so let's start the bidding at $105K.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GOTWING

i know what it takes to make 500 honest dyno horsepower numbers, and i doubt that that it has 300

70 sublime

Quote from: marshallfry01 on August 28, 2013, 08:17:52 PM
I forgot to say this.... But while I was talking with the guy I was screwing with him and asking if it had the "440 Hemi" in it.  He said, "no, the car is yellow."  I  :shruggy:  I seriously thought he would have said yes or no,, but I didn't know that yellow was an engine. lol   I might call back tomorrow and ask to speak with the owner and ask where he got his pricing for that thing.  :brickwall:

Maybe I have one of thoses rare 440 hemi motors in my car because it is yellow and is worth some really big bucks
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

Old Moparz

In the vast amount of photos I thought it was funny how they opened up the hood for the engine bay shot, then stood 50 yards away & took the pic from the side.   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

marshallfry01

I think everyone here needs to call and screw with them and see if they ever drop it to a decent price. Lmao I may call again later this afternoon  :nana:
1969 Charger 383/auto