News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you buy one of these if they did a Charger?

Started by hatersaurusrex, August 28, 2013, 10:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

http://www.icon4x4.com/

It's a repro - of a whole vehicle.    Probably priced where you could get a nice resto for the same money, but an intriguing idea.   I really like the FJ44:

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

DadsCharger00

Absolutely. If it came with a full warranty, similar to purchase of a new car why wouldn't you. I can understand the nestalgia of having a TRUE old, restored car, but you typically can't go wrong with new.

Dino

Probably not.  Our old cars do need significant upgrades if you plan on driving it a lot but I do not want a modern car that looks like an old Charger.  I want an old Charger that has modern upgrades, pretty much all safety based with some creature comforts thrown in.  I absolutely love the interiors of these cars and although I understand upgrading to better seats, if the interior looks like any other modern car out there, I would not enjoy the car nearly as much.  I fell in love with the styling of the 2nd gen when I first laid eyes on it, I cannot say that has ever happened with a modern car.  I know some people love the concept of the old body on the chassis of a new Charger but it totally ruins it for me.

I'm the odd man out though, I don't really get the whole brand loyal thing. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

Quote from: Dino on August 28, 2013, 10:57:44 AM
Probably not.  Our old cars do need significant upgrades if you plan on driving it a lot but I do not want a modern car that looks like an old Charger.  I want an old Charger that has modern upgrades, pretty much all safety based with some creature comforts thrown in.  I absolutely love the interiors of these cars and although I understand upgrading to better seats, if the interior looks like any other modern car out there, I would not enjoy the car nearly as much.  I fell in love with the styling of the 2nd gen when I first laid eyes on it, I cannot say that has ever happened with a modern car.  I know some people love the concept of the old body on the chassis of a new Charger but it totally ruins it for me.

I'm the odd man out though, I don't really get the whole brand loyal thing. 
Those are "modernized". They look old but have non-stock drive trains and other features. For example, the FJ40 has a 350, 5-speed, Atlas transfer case, Dana 60 axles, and coil over suspension. Gauges are Autometer and you can pretty much spec out whatever you want in the interior. They can also "upgrade" your own car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

Cooter

Brand new 1969 hemi Charger....Only $300k and you can drive it away...psssst. MUST be registered as a 2014 .
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Wasn't there a place that used to build E-bodies per order? I think it was called Ultimate Rides or something?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

stripedelete

Yes, but, only after it sat in the weeds behind some rednecks house for 15 years.   :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 28, 2013, 11:57:47 AM
FJ ?? Sounds Japanese to me. ?

An original FJ comes from Japan.  A reproduction FJ comes from California.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

myk

I would TOTALLY do it; it would save me the trouble of what I'm doing now, which is modernizing this old dinosaur...